Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of logons for user in a given period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a report/transaction/table that could tell me how many times a user has logged on in a given period of time?

Thank-you for any information.

Fabienne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction SM20 (Security Audit Log) is the correct tool for this, when activated.

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction SM20 (Security Audit Log) is the correct tool for this, when activated.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julias,

As your guidance we used SM20 Transaction on my trainig servers given the client, user id, and date but didnt get any security audit logs message, it is showing "The result set for this selection was empty", plesase suggest us is there any prerequsites , configuration do we need to take

regards,

Raju, .

0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

If you search here and "OSS" for the term "rsau/enable" then you will find more detailed infos.

Basically, you have to activate the log first in tcode SM19 (either using dynamic filters or static filters, or a combination of the two) and set the rsau/* parameters as required.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius, this is what I thought would be the only way. It does not get me exactly what I needed, since I didn't have the audit log set up for this detail.

Thanks for your help

Fabienne

0 Kudos

Yes, you have to activate it first, and then wait for time to pass to collect the data. The security audit log is to my knowledge the intended tool for reporting on such successfull logon events.

There is a post here by Tim Alsop who not only tried to work out the number of logons, but also the type of logons etc. The security audit log also gives you some information about the type of logon and information about the reason for the successfull / unsuccessfull logon. It wasn't good enough (detailed enough) for Tim's special Single-Sign-On type requirements, but hopefully it is okay for you.

FYI: There are other types of logs and data from which you can try to put this information together again, but they are much more difficult and even unreliable to use as they are not intended for this. It is a bit like "humpty dumpty sat on a firewall..."

Cheers,

Julius