Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages in 'To Be Delivered' State

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an Idoc to file scenario which includes BPM.

After receiving and Idoc, XI will split it into 4 different files and sends it to an ftp server.

The scenario was working fine for a long time. Now suddenly, messages are not going out of XI.

The received Idoc is successfully processed. But, after that, the individual files are in not sent out of XI.

They are in 'To Be delivered' state. There is no change in ftp parameters.

I can see the initial file reaching xi in sxmb_moni. But after that i cant see the individual messages after BPM gets executed in sxmb_moni.

What can i do to resolve this?

Many Thanks

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

I cleared the queue's and it worked.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every time when "it was working and now it is not" happens, first thing to do is to check what you (or your team) changed in configuration level or development level. Basis team always says they didn't change nothing, but most of times they changed

You can check all the users (system users and final users) involved into the integration scenario, check if they are using correct passwords, not locked and not expired.

Check if there is some queue problem, sometimes a message stops in a queue and all other messages in that queue stay stoped there. When I say queue, listen SMQ2/SMQ1 queues, IDOC queues, http and other adapter related queues, and all other queues you have ever mind

The fact is that something has changed, and the focus must be in finding what has changed. I think that sometimes this is easier than searching for what is wrong.

regards.

roberti

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberti,

>Every time when "it was working and now it is not" happens, first thing to do is to check what you (or >your team) changed in configuration level or development level. Basis team always says they didn't >change nothing, but most of times they changed

I do accept it, Couple of time I have come acrossed..

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

normally "To be delivered" status means, that system is out of resources and the messages will be processed as soon as resources are available. Unfortunately, sometimes (and this is probably a bug reported by many people), status of these messages is not changed for a long time and restart of j2ee is needed. But this is a case, when the messages are already in the AE.

But you say, you can't see the outbound messages in the sxmb moni, so...

But then, how did you find out, they are in TBD state? If it is in the RWB so, there might not have been ever these messages in the s.. moni.

Peter

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which means that the message was successfully delivered from Integration Server point of view and it states that the messages is initially handed over to the Messaging System.

TO_BE_DELIVERED occurs while the message is put into the Messaging System receive queue.

Solution:

This is done via the Messaging System receive servlet:

http://<Host>:<PORT>/MessagingSystem/receive/<CONNECTION>;

/<PROTOCOL>

Only if this was executed successfully the Messaging System returns HTTP 200 to the Integration Server and the Status TO_BE_DELIVERED moves to DELIVERING

1. Try logging into Sap GUI with two users: XIAPPLUSER & XIAFUSER

to see if they are blocked

2. We can check the messages:

AdapterFramework

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.language

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.name = XIAFUSER

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.pwd

ApplicationSystem

com.sap.aii.applicationsystem.serviceuser.language

com.sap.aii.applicationsystem.serviceuser.name = XIAPPLUSER

com.sap.aii.applicationsystem.serviceuser.pwd

in the exchange profile to make sure the correct password