cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping: How mapping is handled in ABAP & JAVA STACK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am interested in knowing how the mapping is hanlded in Background. Is that in ABAP or JAVA Stack.

Whats the architecture behind it?

Any documents related to it.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Yaseen M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen/Henrique,

Thanks for the quick reply.

As you say a call is made from ABAP stack to Java stack where exactly the Mapping program is present. So can I know which program in R/3 end makes that call?

And one more question is.... as we are able to get the response back from Java Stack, the errors are persisted on the MONI.. is that so?

Best Regards,

Yaseen M

Former Member
0 Kudos

The process of making the call to mapping is part of pipeline processing and I am not aware of a specific program which makes the call.

You are right. If the execution of the mapping program results in an error, the error would be persisted in MONI. If the call is async, it would be in restartable status and if it is sync it would fail with an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Can I get an overview of pipeline processing steps?

Like, What are all pipeline steps? Which pipeline step is executed in which Stack?

Thanks and Regards,

Yaseen M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto transaction SXMB_ADM > Display Pipeline Definition.

Hope this helps and award points if my answers were helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaseen

The pipeline steps can be seen in the transaction SXMB_ADM ->Display Pipeline Definition

Go to the tab 'Pipeline Element ' and select the required pipeline ID.

For each of the pipeline Id there exists a series of steps(called pipeline element).An XMl message passes through each of the steps in the pipeline and each element pertains to one pipeline service (like routing/mapping etc).

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

like Henrique said there are different kinds of mapping.

Some running on ABAB and other on JAVA stack.

Here you have a good overview:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/58cd3b11571962e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

depends on the mapping technology:

i. Message, Java & XSLT (under Imported Archives) mappings are executed at Java stack;

ii. ABAP & XSLT (in ABAP stack) mappings are executed at ABAP stack.

The Integration Engine that processes the message pipeline (which runs in ABAP stack) will either execute a JCo call (using RFC Dest AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER) to the Java Stack to execute the mapping or, in the 2nd case, execute the mapping ABAP function directly.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Integration Engine has a cache which maintains the list of mappings that we created and this is how XI would know which mapping program to call for a particular interface. But in the background when a mapping program is actually executed, it is executed in the Java Stack. ABAP stack makes a call internally to run the mapping program which is in Java Stack with the payload and gets back the response.

Hope this helped.