cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between one step approval and N-step approval?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone tell what is major difference between one step approval and N step approval?

I guess its only one person will approve incase one step approval and where as in the N-step approval a shopping cart can be approved by many users under some prerequistes right??

can some one provide me some hints on this.....

how does it make a difference in workflows and how to mantain the settings for this in the SPRO. for this one to setup a one-step and N-step approvals. what are points to be taken care while setting up this?

Please can some one clarify me on this

Regards

Sairam.

I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 step approval - Number of approvals will be 1

n step - number of approvals greater then 2(since std approval workflow present till 2 level)

The general customising steps for Workflows apply to both of them (like SWU3 customising.event linkage etc) but other then that for,

1 step approval -

-->Need to activate the starting conditions

-->Agent assignment to be done seperately for the Approval task

(Also the N step workflow can be used as 1 step workflow with number of approvals being set to 1 through the Logic in the badi.)

N step approval -

-->to be implemented through BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI .This BADi actually determines the Agents/approvers for the workflow.

-->As per my exp,this workflow is very unstable and for few updates,you may have to apply number of notes(e.g. Approval status not updated properly,graphical preview not visible properly etc)

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are almost there. You need to implement this BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI. Activate this standard WF WS14000133. Once you implement this 'n' step approval WF, there is no need to keep other WF active until otherwise for any specific reason.

Imthiaz