cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Exercise - Customer Data Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am very newby at MDM, and at SAP generally too.

I'm doing MDM exercise https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5099ca3a-4ff7-2910-f6b2-e2e3fb7d... and stuck at chapter 6.2.1

I've do all things, but MDM Import Manger did not allows me press an Execute Import button. This button stays gray on Import Status tab.

Can anyone help me to find out what i'm doing wrong, or maybe I missed something ?

I'm runnung at MDM SP06, and don't have Office Excel installed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to match Record Tab and select the matching field, then import action from create, skip, update etc. and now go to import status tab. check what you get if all the field and value mapping is right then Import manager will allow you to import the data.

BR.

Alok

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexy

in the import status tab see IMPORT ACTION.it should be ready to import otherwise go back and complete the action item as mentioned.

regard

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexey,

The following are the steps to get the Import Status as "Ready to Import" :

1. Select the source and the destination table.

2. Map the required fields.

3. Map the values for all whose field mapping has been done under the Map Field Tab.

4. In the Matching Field Tab, select 1 or many fields which will decide the importing.

5.Choose the right Default import Action.

It has to be either Create ( from Skip) or Update All null fields/Update all map fields/Replace ( From Skip)

Now, it might also be, that some source field might be coming in a fromat which is not matching in the Config options of Import Manager.

For ex, Date field might be coming as YYYY/MM/DD but in the config options will be by-default as MM/DD/YY. Hence similarly many cases will be possible.

If you have done all the steps, kindly go to the Import Status. It will tell you what you are missing.

Once you all these steps, you will definitely, get the Import Status as Ready and also the Import button as normal(Working).

I hope it helps.

Please reward points if useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain