cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create my first ABAP web dynpro application.

For which I have created a component.

Now when I try to create a view in that component, the view is created successfully but the Layout tab of that view displays the following error:

The page cannot be displayed.

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Can anyone tell me whats going on and what will be the solution?

Your help will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vikrant....

add the port and domain name in the host file present in the c:/ of your system.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi alex

Thanks

But i already done that before posting my question. Any other suggestion please ?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved by self.

still thx to all.

former_member708410
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vikrant what is the solution to the problem..I'm also getting the same error......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martini

My problem was with the host file. There was already an entry for my application server in my host file. U find the host file in the following location:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\

(The above path is correct in case of Win XP, different os may have slightly different path. The name of the host file is "hosts".)

Open the host file in notepad.exe.

My host file was containing wrong entry like as follows:

192.168.0.10 vngsap1

You might be knowing but let me tell u that

192.168.0.10 is the IP address of computer where Web AS is installed and

vngsap1 is a name of the computer where Web AS is installed

The problem is that it wasn't containg the FQCN i.e. including domain name. So added the domain name of my natework as following:

192.168.0.10 vngsap1.vcerp.com

So the syntax is

<IP Add.> <space using TAB key> <Computer Name>.<Domain Name>.com

Try this, if you have the same problem it will work for you also.

Reward if helpful.

bye ~ take care.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have don everything as you mension,but still I'm facing the same.

Can you help me on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Mahee.

former_member515618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth,

Go to transaction SICF, and search for the application you just created (SAP>bc>webdynpro go to the name space u created)

If the service is inactive, then right click on it and activate it.

Once the service is active you should be able to execute the application.

If the issue still persists then could you pls paste the entire error information you get.

Regards,

Sravan varagani

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is namespace. I didn't created one.

I have just created a component in my package form SE80.

Then I created a view in that component and when it is created in the layout tab instated of showing the developement tools page it show the following errror:

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

----

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).

Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.

Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.

Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

What to do next?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should probably activate the webdynpro service in transaction SICF, please check the documentation about this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Regards,

Roelof