cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material cost posting at post gods issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys ,

When we do PGI for the delivered material, the cost are updated in GL accounts. I wanted to know which cost the system picks to post in GL accounts , cost from pricing conditions or from material master/info records(example : list price ) ?

Any help woould be appreciated

Thanks

Dona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time of PGI , system picks the value from the Materail master record that is cost of the material) and pricing conditons are only reflect in billing and there is no way link to cost because those are selling prices and at PGI its cost price.

This Prices either can manually update on monthly or weekly basis in material master through MR21 Transaction based on present market price if you are not using PP Module.

In case If you using the PP Module, system update the price automatically after the produciton confirmation from PP Module and for getting those prices, system consider

Raw Material cost+ Processing Cost+Overheads= Cost of the material.

Rewards if it helps

Regards

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot guys .

All the above three answers were helpful..i just have a follow up question..

obviously,when we are capturing cost and our revenue (in billing) , we must be doing some profit loss reporting out of this.I would like to know any such standard report in SAP, or teh approach to develop a new P&L report .

thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dona

It takes VPRS cost of the material , as we give VPRS cost in MMR and in MMR we give valuation class also . this valuation class is linked to G/L accounts .

so after doing PGI, when the price of the material gets updated in G/L accounts it takes the VPRS cost

As after Post Goods Issue (PGi) Costing document and a material document will be triggered

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check the same in the accounting document generated when you do the goods issue. For viewing the same, you need to go to the material document (MB03) then select the line item and click the 'accounting button'. Cost of the material will be updated from the material master.

Prase