cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Item Details iView when search critera is changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM experts

I have created a nice portal page containing some search iViews, a Result Set and an Item Details iView.

It works as expected:

1. I enter the search criteria in the search iViews

2. The results are displayed in the Result Set.

3. I select a row in the Result Set

4. The Item Details are displayed

What is not behaving as expected is that when I change the search criteria the Item Details is still displaying the last selected record.

How do I make sure that the item details are reset when the search changes?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The behaviour you describe was designed in order to provide predictable, logical behaviour for disparate MDM iViews living together on the same portal page. So, ResultSet responds to a search updated event, and ItemDetails responds to a record selected event, but there is no reason for ItemDetails to update itself in response to different search criteria.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

Is there a way to make the ItemDetails fall back to "no record selected" when the search updated event is emitted? Does it involve java coding?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

There is no simple out-of-the-box way to do this. You would probably need to place your own custom-built iView on the page which would catch the internal searchUpdated EPCF event, and throw a new EPCF recordSelected event with ID set to '-1' for the ItemDetails to respond to.

Perhaps a simpler solution is to place your search and result set iViews on one page, and the Item Details on a different page. When you navigate to the Item Details page, it will show the currently-selected record from the Result Set. Then, when you change the search, the user will not immediately see that the Item Details does not change, but will only see a result set that reflects the current search.

Just for interest, what is your reason for wanting the Item Details to clear itself in response to changed search criteria?

Regards,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Walter.

The users of the search application have very rudimentary computer skills. We are afraid that we will not be able to explain when the result is "stable" and when it is not. Bottom line is that we see a risk that they use search results from the previous search if they forget to click on a new row in the ResultSet.

/Alexander

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had tried the same scenario that you have stated and got the same behaviour.I think its the default one only.If you get some more info on this please do forward us.

Thanks & Regards,

Jitesh Talreja