cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Setup Steps & Execution for SNP Aggregated Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some URGENT Help on the Master Data Steps and Execution of SNP Aggregated Planning. I've read the SCM 5.0 help with quite confusing understanding from it as regards to Master Data setup.

I want to run SNP for a Group of Products at a Group of Locations (say Customer Group or Group of Distribution Centers) at an Aggregate Level & then later Disaggregate the Generated Supplies from the Aggregate Level to the detailed Product-Locations level.

I have setup a Location Hierarchy with the Group of Distribution Centers and Product Hierarchy with a Group of Products & since SNP_LOCPROD aggregation is assigned to the 9ASNP02 Planning area ... I created a LOCPROD Hierarchy which use the Location & Product Hierarchy.

The Main intention is to Improve Performance of Planning Runs at a Rough Cut / Aggregate Level by doing a Rough Cut Capacity Check & Split Distribution Center requirements to Multiple Plants producing the same product. This would also help increase the Optimizer Performance.

I am finding there is no place to run SNP Heuristic by Specifiying a Hierarchy in the Selection screen of /sapapo/snp01. So how is Aggregated Planning even run ?

(I know there are Aggregation & Disaggregation Functions available in SNP Interactive Planning ... but what do I put in the Selection as 'Hierarchies' are not available in the Selections in the 9ASNPAGGR Aggregation Planning Book).

Can someone also Provide me Detailed Steps and point me to a Detailed Training document on this ? I could not find anything on the SDN Form as well as BPX Forum as well as on Wiki site from within SDN.

Please if anybody can Guide me Urgently ? I am needing to test this quickly to Demo to someone to demonstrate the APO Capabilities (else the Customer may lose interest in APO as he is comparing functionality with another tool). I don't want this to happen.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

write this blog sometime ago for another user

check if it helps

http://scm.blogspot.com/2007/05/aggregated-planning-in-snp-purpose.html

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

I was reading this forum of yours. I am doing aggregate planning in SCM 7.0 and have some issues of my own. Hope you can help.

I have created location product hierarchy. Now I want to run SNP heuristic. I would like to know

1. Which SNP heuristic is suitable for aggregate planning?

2. Which KF at aggregated level participates in heuristic run?

3. How is the logic of location heuristic different from heuristic used for aggregate planning?

4. Are there any additional steps?

Currently, I am using KF of 9ASNP02 i.e. Forecast, Stock-in-hand, TCS etc. Do they suffice?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Clarification on your replies to 4 & 7 ... they appeared contradictory to me as I understood it.

Let's say I create a New Product called FG1_2_GP via /sapapo/mat1. Intent is to have this as the Header Product so far not yet assigned to the Products.

4 - You said in the creation of Product Hierarchy you assign FG1_2_GP Product Group as Header and FG1 & FG2 as Members in the creation of Product Hierarchy ZCPGPROD via /sapapo/relhshow transaction ?

If yes ... can you advise how ... I did not see in the creation of the Hierarchies ZCPGPROD of structure SNP_PRODUCT a place to assign as Header & Members in the Transaction.

Please some detailed steps on this. (if you can remember).

Whereas in Answer 7 you are implying that

I must create the Product Group and Product Hierarchy of the SAME CODE. i.e : I must not even create a ZCPGPROD, but instead use the Header Product FG1_2_GP itself as the Name of the Product Hierarchy.

So I found answers to 4 & 7 (or 5 & 7 for Location Group and Hierarchy) somewhat Contradictory. Please clarify.

Lastly ... then what is the Purpose of creating the Location-Product Hierarchy ZCPGLOCPROD at all ... since I do not seem to be having the need to use It at all ... as in the Interactive Planning Shuffler I can give only Product and Location Groups only. i.e : Only FG1_2_GP or DC1_5_GP (whether we have same or different codes for product Group and Product Hierarchy). It seems creating the Location-Product Hierarchy is not required at all ? I must simply assign the FG1_2_GP Product Group and Extend it to all the Individual Member Locations or at the DC1_5_GP Location Group.

I am hoping this is the last question. I hope this will clarify to you the basis of confusion. I have read the SCM Help Links you have provided several times & I am sitting with the SNP Training Documentation - SCM230 in front of me.

Regards,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

ZCPGPROD is a locn prod hierarchy made of a combo of loc and prod

it will automtically have

FG1_2_GP - DC1

FG1_2_GP - DC2 ETC under it

you cant see heirarchy names in shuffler... you can only see the prod locn (header or member ) there

would suggest checking that out in a real system... i cant remember too clearly... been some time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Read your Blog with great interest. I think you have very nicely captured the Features over there. It was very helpfull.

I still have some very very basic questions (sorry if I was not clear earlier) and I will try state with an Example.

Are you saying ...

1. If I have 2 Products FG1 & FG2 .. then I need to FIRST

create another Product Master called FG1_2_GP (say)

via Trnx. /sapapo/mat1 ?

2. Similarly for the 5 DCs say DC1, DC2 .... DC5 ... I need

to First Create a Location of type 1002 DC1_5_GP (say)

via Trnx. /sapapo/loc3 first ?

I think I have not done these at all.

3. Finally are you saying that I need to now Create the

Hierarchies ... ZCPGPROD (using FG1 & FG2)

and ZCPGLOC (using DC1, DC2 ... DC5) and

then create a generated Hierarchy ZCPGLOCPROD

with Structure SNP_LOCPROD and using the ZCPGPROD

and ZCPGLOD as Component Hierarchies ?

4. I am still not clear how would you Link Product Group

FG1_2_GP with ZCPGPROD ?? Where do we setup that FG1_2_GP is a Header of FG1 & FG2 ?

5. Similarly where do you Link Location Group DC1_5_GP with the Location Hierarchy ZCPGLOC ?

6. Finally in SNP Interactive Planning with Planning Book 9ASNPAGGR using the Location-Product (Header) as Selection what will I enter in this field ?

I read your Blog. More details on the Example would help ... I saw in your Blog the PH_POWDER product Group (containing PH_FG1,2,3 Products) example which I was not clear whether it was a New Product you created via /sapapo/mat1 or a New Hierarchy Code created via /sapapo/relhshow. Similarly you did create Location Groups PH_DC_AGG but do not seem to have used it. I think you have assigned PH_POWDER group and assigned to Locations 3000, 3100 & 3400 individually via /sapapo/mat1 ... but was not clear on how you linked it to the Location Product Hierarchies. You have also not created a Location Produc Hierarchy at all using PH_POWDER and PH_DC_AGG at all ... or have you ?

7. Is the Untold Trick that the Product Hierarchy Name and the Product Group created in Trnx. MAT1 must be same and the Location Hierarchy Name and the Location Group code created in LOC3 Trnx. should be same ?

8. I had created a Generated Hierarchy at ZCPGLOCPROD ... is this what I enter in 9ASNPAGGR as Selection of Location-Product (Header) ?

9. I want to first understand Standard SNP before I go into the diretion of creating my own Planning areas and Planning Books. Is this really needed for me to Plan 2 Products in these 5 DCs at an Aggregate level. I will be doing Aggregation of all kinds of Demand (STOs, POs, Forecast, SalesOrders, TLB Order Demand) and want the Supply generated at Aggregated Level to Disaggregate to the 2 FGs at the 5 DC Locations based on Proportion of Demand.

I think my question is far more basic wrt the Master Data Setup ... would help if you can clarify each of my questions separately in your reply. The Confusion is due to lack of clarity on the Master Data Setup in linking the Product Group PRODUCT Code & Location Group LOC Code to the respective Hierarchies and also SNP Interactive Planning not having a Place to enter these created Hierarchies.

I do want to praise and appreciate your contribution to the Blog ,,, well done. Full 10 Points Guaranteed on reply to above questions.

Regards,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. yes - you need a header material if you want a product-level aggregated planning.

2. yes. if you want to do location level aggregated planning. even if you are planning for aggregated products at individual location, you also need to create a dummy location (as far as i remember)

3. Correct

4. in the product hierarchy

5. in the location hierarchy

6. you need to bring up FG1_2_GP location Dummy in shuffler. you can choose it as a condition . Or you can show header if you choose FG1 as member and location - dummy

7. yes

8. no. you will get a location product in the shuffler. not the generated hierarchy

9. if you use the standard book and can understand how the quantities add up and if your client is happy with just that much - thats great

Making a change in the standard aggr book needs a bit of knowledge on how the SNP planning books are constructed and how the KF are related to the category group and what the aggregation settings mean in the planning area design in the KF details tab.

sap help might be useful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/2c/c557e9e330cc46b8e440fb3999ca51/content.htm

read this for masterdata http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/13/6bc5371e5db25fe10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ambarish ,

recently i also have done some work on Aggregated planning so i will give you a simple example as to how to go about it .

Your Business Scenario as per my understanding

You have two products say product 1 and 2 and 5 DCs say DC1 ,DC2 ....etc . You want to have a aggregated view of the products at those DCs .

now here is one question from my side which is your header heirarchy ?? product or location . i.e you want to see the aggregated product demand at DC level and aggregated DC level or you want to see DC wise product demand and aggregated product demand ??

Now coming back to basic settings

1) First you create a new product called agg_prod ( say)

2) Create a new location called Agg_Loc (say )

3) Extened( crete prod loc combinations ) all products to the location Agg_loc i.e products 1 , 2 and agg_prod

4) Extend all locations to product agg_prod i.e locations Dc1,Dc2 ....etc and also agg_loc.

5) Assign all the above in the model

6) Create a product heirarchy using SNP_Prod and then inside that define agg_prod as the header product and products 1 and 2 as member products .

7) Create a Location heirarchy using SNP_LOC and then inside that define agg_loc as the header location and DC1 , Dc2 etc as the member locations .

😎 generate a location product heirarchy using the above two hierarchies .

9) Go to the standard aggregation planning book 9ASNPAGGR and select the header product and location if you want to see the aggregated demand and plans .

10 ) Take planning runs at aggregated level if you want using the standard SNP planning book as mentioned above..

11) now you have data like planned orders , purchase requisitions ,STR at header level . if you want to disaggregate then do the next step.

12) take a SNP disagregation run in the standard plannning book 9ASNPAGGR which have key figure NETDM based on which the disaggregation is done.

Note :

1)you dont enter heirarchy name in the planning book for seeing the aggregated data you rather enter aggregated product location names ( that you created in our case it is agg_prod and Agg_loc ) and also in the selection of product location in disaggregation run.

2) Product hierarchy name has nothing to do with the aggregated product that you have created. In product heirarchy that you create the header product that you assign in that should be the aggregated product.

in case of any clarification plz reply so that if i know something i will be happy to help.

thanks

Debsankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Debsankar,

The reply is really helpful.

I am aggregating location i.e. single product at multiple invoicing locations

Have you handled TS key figures in aggregation.

My experience is that TS key figure is not aggregated.

I have a demand components (shelf life) which are calculated in planning book TS key figure and also safety stock which has two different method SZ and MB for the same product at different Invoicing locations with safety days of supply also varying.

Any inputs?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and attempt to clarify.

I think I have not understood and need detailed steps for this ...

Please bear with me ...

I have 2 Products & 5 DC Locations I want to do Aggregated SNP Planning on. For the moment let's keep PPMs aside as my questions are even more Basic.

I have created a Hierarchy as follows ...

1. Via /sapapo/relh.. Trnx. I created 3 Hierarchies ...

ZCPGPROD - of Hierarchy Structure SNP_PRODUCT

and containing the 2 Products.

This is also assigned to Model 000.

2. Likewise created Location Hierarchy ZCPGLOC of Hierarchy Structure SNP_LOCATION and containing the 5 DC Locations and assigned it to Model 000.

3. Since the 9ASNP02 Planning area has Hierarchy Structure SNP_LOCPROD assigned in the 'Aggregated Planning' Sheet in /sapapo/msdp_admin Trnx, I figured we need a Hierarchy of this template to really run Aggregated SNP. So I created another Hierarchy ZCPGLOCPROD of Structure SNP_LOCPROD and using the Component Hierarchies in Steps 1 & 2. This also I assigned to Model 000.

I am now unable to find a way to run SNP Heuristic via 9ASNPAGGR Planning Book as it does not provide these Hierarchies as Selections anywhere. I can always run a Location Heuristic thru /sapapo/snp01 for the Products but that is not Aggregated SNP Planning.

What do I do next ? What Selection do I create in 9ASNPAGGR Planning Book ? When & how do I use the 'Network Aggregation' and 'Disaggregation' Functions in this Planning Book. Do I have to create More Master Data ??

Would appreciate if you can elaborate and detail the steps.

Thanks for your Replies so far,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to choose by aggregates - in the selection you need to show Location product (header)

the process depends on the way your design is... but the most common steps are

once you get the aggregates loaded you do a network heuristics

you do the capacity levellign after that (in the CAP book)

you do the disaggregation to the members after that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

You have to select the product and locations only and not the Product or location Groups for SNP Run.

While in the SNP Optimizer profile you have to select Aggregated Planning(Vertical/Horizontal) in Solution Tab.

While planning, the location products are aggregated automatically to the corresponding product groups and are disaggregated again after planning is completed.

Here the assumptions are:

Hierarchies for products and locations are defined in the hierarchy master. This data will used to generate the location product hierarchy.

PPMs for the product groups is required and also create the PPM hierarchy in the hierarchy master.

Do reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Manjit.