cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Be Delivered on Adapter Message for JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm stuck on a process that was working (file->Map->JDBC) until I made a change to the JDBC message which casued blocking on the SQL Server (don't know why). I ran the test a few times and now am getting status "To Be Delivered" in Adapater Monitoring. I've restored the data type structure to the original design, and still it is stuck per below.

Audit Log:

2005-11-10 10:40:09 Success The message was successfully received by the messaging system. Profile: XI URL: http://hqdvsapxi01:50000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI

2005-11-10 10:40:09 Success Using connection AFW. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2005-11-10 10:40:10 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

-

That is all there is. Anyone know where this message queue is? No error in adapter monitoring or in message monitoring, or in SXMB_MONI. I'm lost on this one.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tadd,

Did you check the status of the Communication channel in the Runtime workbench?

RWB>Component Monitoring>Display ALL>Adapter Engine>Adapter Monitoring-->see the channel in the POP up screen

Also is this an asynchronous call?

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is an async call. Adapter monitoring shows no error. Seems it isn't getting quite that far. What caused all this problem was I tried to put two statements into a single JDBC message, one with action=INSERT and one with action=EXECUTE. That caused a block on the SQL Server, which I had to kill the user connection, and now I'm here. I haven't restarted the server yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in adapter setting , advanced options -> disconnect after each connection (check this option)

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did do that when I was getting the blocking. I'm stuck on the "to be delivered" status. Seems no messages are getting to the adapter to be processed. They are getting queued up somewhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to smq2 and clear out all the queue you see there..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved. Restarted J2EE stack. All "to be delivered" message went to "successful." Could not find out why this was caused in the first place. Looking through trace logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good!! You may wnat to do some rearch by looking to the logs jsut to be sure of what you need to do next time you face this problem.

most of the time its due to registration of the queues.

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tadd,

What this typically means is that the queues for the Adapter Framework weren't started. This can be for a variety of reasons, but usually happens on startup. If it's possible, restart the Adapter Framework (or search the log files if you have them) to see if you can spot why these queues weren't started.

I think one typical reason for this would be that the application that was supposed to receive messages from a given queue wasn't present (deployed or started) and so the queue wouldn't start. I think that additional logica may have been added to handle this more gracefully in a later service pack.

Cheers,

Steve

-

If you find a post useful, please help keep the community going by setting a good example and rewarding the poster with points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm restarting the server... SMQ2 shows no entries and no queues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

did you activate your queues??

sxmb_adm -> manage queues -> register queues

also go to smq2 and activate the queues

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen, thanks for the input. I've deregistered, registered, and activated. No change. It seems all my JDBC messages (from other config scenarios) are also getting put into "To Be Delivered" state. Seems something is either inactive or in error condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

look up in visual administratior -> server -> log viewer and see if you have jdbc specific error.

also did you check smq2??

are you able to see the messages in RWB??

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, checked SMQ2. It says Number of entires is 0.

I can see all messages in RWB. The Integration Engine messages are all successful, and the final JDBC message is shown as "to be delivered"

Former Member
0 Kudos

well check the default.trc log and look for any JBC errors