cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting document is not generated for Returns Delivery - PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

This issue is related to returns process. I started with creating an order, delivery, PGI, Billing, return sales order, delivery and finally credit memo. The entire process is running smoothly but when I go back to returns delivery-PGI, the PGI is taking 651 mov type. However, no accounting document is generated. I am not able to comprehend the same.

Kindly suggest a solution.

Regards

Vineet Jaiin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Friends,

I have given points to the person who has helped me resolve this query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

accounting document willnot be generated for returns. It will be generated for the credit memo that you have created.

thanks

krishna prasad

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineet,

Try with this

check the settings for the Movement type 651 in the transaction OMWN.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Murli, I think this could be the probable solution. I am working with my MM consultant on this issue. Will get back to you soon.

*Thanking you,

Regards

Vineet Jain*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether you have maintain Moving Average Price in Accounting view of the materail master, If you haven't maintain it than Accounting document will not be generated at the time of PGI.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the accouting view of the material master and the price control was initially set to "V" i.e.Moving Average Price

Regards

Vineet Jain

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineet

Go to VF03, give the credit memo number and check for document flow. If the status shows "Blocked", then go to VOFA, select the billing document type and remove the tick in "Posting Block".

Also ensure that you have assigned "S2" in VOFA for the field "Cancel.billing type".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have check it in VOFA but there is no posting block and also credit memo has already been prepared. I would like to know where is the assignment of material document done to the movement type. I think this could be the solution to my question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you talking about the material document accounting document or the credit memo accounting document?

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am talking about the material document accounting document.

Regards

Vineet Jain

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineet

If the accounting document pertains to material document, then go to VKOA and select Table 603 or 604 (as normally for return orders, G/L will be assigned based on the order reason) and see the respective G/L Account is assigned for order reason.

If your scenario is different, ie for return orders, if you are not capturing the revenues based on order reason, check with FI people and accordingly, you need to check in VKOA. Most probably, your problem lies here only.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry. Please explain. I am not able to get the table 603 and/or 604.

Also I check the regular delivery-PGI in the same process, the material accounting document is also not getting updated though it is being generated. The values reflected is 0.

Regards

Vineet Jain

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineet

I got a clue from your comments that

"I check the regular delivery-PGI in the same process, the material accounting document is also not getting updated though it is being generated. The values reflected is 0"

It is because of number range problem. To check that go to OBA7, select the document type WL (for goods issue) and check what value is maintained in "Number range". Make a note of it and go to VN01, select "Intervals" and see whether the same numeric value is maintained there.

The same case for returns. In OBA7, select the document WE (for goods return) and check as explained above.

Most probably, from the above, you will get a solution.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your process is correct but please check whether credit memo is blocked or not. If it is blocked then it will not create accounting document. Please remove the block then process it.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shanker,

The credit memo request is not blocked else credit memo would not have been generated.

Regards

Vineet Jain