cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Excel Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

I´m working with the VC for a couple of weeks now and this forum was always a great source of inspiration and of course of help to me. No I got my first own question:

I´m trying to integrate a "Export to Excel"-Button (to an iView / Form Table). I use the "How to...Export Data from Visual Composer"-Guide from SAP (link below).

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/47fe4fef-0d01-0010-6f87-ed8ecb47...

The integration of the button itselfe is not my main problem. I use this code as hyperlink for the button:

"pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!

2fplatform_add_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!

2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.bex?QUERY="

& STORE@REPTNAME & "&BI_COMMAND_1-

BI_COMMAND_TYPE=EXPORT&BI_COMMAND_1-

EXPORT_FORMAT=XLS&BI_COMMAND_1-null="

After deploying the iView and starting the report i get a normal filled table with my data. If i click on the export button a new Internet Explorer windows opens and shows me a screen i´ve never seen before. It contains the following four points / options:

Cluster Administration

Archive Uploader

Archive Deployment Checker

Archive Remover

Generated link: MY_SERVER:PORT/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!%202fplatform_add_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!%202fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.bex?QUERY=Test&BI_COMMAND_1-%20BI_COMMAND_TYPE=EXPORT&BI_COMMAND_1-%20EXPORT_FORMAT=XLS&BI_COMMAND_1-null=

What is this screen god for? My user profile is super administrator on this server.

What is wrong?! Why is the Excel export not working like in the "How to..."-Guiede? Is there a package (PAR) missing in our system to proceede the export operation or a server location missing somewhere? What should i do to get this working?!

Thank you!

Thomas Schö

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

does any one knows the solution, i am also getting the problem while exporting to excel.

=========================================================

""""After deploying the iView and starting the report i get a normal filled table with my data. If i click on the export button a new Internet Explorer windows opens and shows me a screen i´ve never seen before. It contains the following four points / options:

Cluster Administration

Archive Uploader

Archive Deployment Checker

Archive Remover

"""'

==========================================================

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Sunil B. Mundhe on Mar 6, 2009 10:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

- If you want to download a BI report, then check your query for the report.

- If you just want to download data from VC into Excel this won't work, then you need to use copy to clipboard and paste the clipboard into Excel.

Ismail