cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI 7.1 + Smart Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i have developed an app with JSP and MI 7.0.

Now, I have the new version of MI, the MI 7.1.

Can i continue with the app in JSP with MI 7.1? Can i install this app in the client MI 7.1?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

You are right in terms of backend-middleware perspective. But from Middleware-Client perspective in terms of data exchange you will still have the benefits because you will be using mi_meta.xml which exchanges data in efficient way.

But overall, you are right. If you want to explore the full benefits of DOE then a migration of application is a better idea.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In conclusion...

What you recommended me? If i want the faster sync, i have create the same app with Web Dynpro, no?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my understanding it would be the best to adapt the SyncBOs to MI7.1 - so you should have a better sync performance including less load on the backend! And once you have done that you can switch the APP as well to have abetter performance on the client. Well, with MVC - switching the UI should not be that difficult I guess.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, my idea is, continue with JSP and adapt the syncbos (s01) with the syncbo 7.1 (t51), see you well?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, yes, that is the first thing I would do as well!

But be aware: if you use a PDA device it makes sence to change the UI as well - on Laptop performance is usually ok in JSP as well!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

This app is for PC...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to Oliver's reply, He is absolutely right. If you want to gain full benefits of DOE then there is no point running your old application in backward compatibility mode.

But sync performance and the amount of data handling is much better even when you are running in backward compatibility mode because of MAX DB on client for amount of data and for sync performance mi_meta.xml which uses new convention of exchanging data.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got your problem. By moving the application to MI 7.1 client you still have the benefits of MI 7.1 like faster synchronization and response times and the size of the data etc. which is achieved through new mi_meta.xml for which my first reply would be helpful.

But the feature i was talking about in my second reply was w.r.t the DOE features regarding data objects and nothing to do with the benefits that you get from MI 7.1.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

how does that work, if you use S01 SyncBOs - that are not supprted in MI7.1 in native mode? Then you can not have the benefits in my understanding, cause .... well, cause it is S01.....

At least this was my experience as I played around with MI7.1.

Or am I wrong here?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are running on backward compatibility mode in DOE then you will lose certain features of DOE because this feature of backward compatability is only to allow the applications prior to MI 7.1 to run on MI 7.1 with very minor changes on the application which is only mi_meta.xml file and a few changes no the middleware side which is anyway one time job.

But if you want to explore all the features of DOE then you might have to go for adaption with DOE instead of backward compatiblity mode which means creating all data objects manually in the DOE and starting a new application for client side because MI 7.1 support webdynpro java for laptop and OCA Java which is SWT based for PDA's.

Hope this clears your question.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don´t understand you a lot...

My principal problem... I have the 75% of the application in JSP. My problem is, if i import the application MI 7.0 to MI 7.1 with JSP, Lose I the benefits with the faster synchronization MI 7.1? I have a big app, with lot and lot data and i need the faster sync.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

yes, this is the case - you will loose benefits of MI7.1! This is because you run the APP in compatible mode - still using the features of MI7.0 - in simple words.

Furthermore one great benefit ist the new UI for the client. Using JSP as user interface causes performance issues. Just switching the UI should not be that problem. and as I understood you in the last posts, you use S01 BOs. Another great benefit of MI7.1 is, that S01 is no longer available in native mode. So the load on the backend is much less and you have better sync performance. So in your case it makes no sence to switch to MI7.1 if you still use old techniques!

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you said you have developed an application with JSP and MI 7.0, If i understood correctly, you also have a set of syncBO's which your application refers to using merep_meta.xml file generated out of MI 7.0 system.

So your application is more dependent on merep_meta.xml file.

Now if you want to use the same application with MI 7.1 then follow this steps:

1. First create your data objects in the new middleware system i.e, DOE middleware using the bapi wrappers. This can be done in DOE by importing the syncBO definition file generated out of MI 7.0 system and then import into the DOE middleware and then generate all the data objects and activate them. While importing there is an option to check "Runs in backward compatibility mode" you have to check that. This way DOE understands that you are importing syncbo definition file created out of earlier MI systems.

I would suggest you to check documentation on DOE for this.

2. Now import your old project into new NWDS 7.1 as an MI project.

3. Configure your DOE middleware in NWDS 7.1 in Preferences.

4. Now create a new mi_meta.xml file which will be generated out of the data objects created in the DOE middleware in your NWDS 7.1.

This way your application still uses merep_meta.xml file for quering the data base but the framework takes care of mapping it to mi_meta.xml file and you still user your application.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you understood me correctly;);)

You say me the proccess to import MI 7.0 to MI 7.1, ok, i undertand you, but other question: If i do it, lose i the benefits of MI 7.1?

Thanks,