cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client refresh with database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one complex scenario I have 2 system one sandbox which is out of landscape and it have some configuration in one of its client (100)

I want only the data of a production(other system) client(100) to be copied to 100 client of Sandbox, is at database level can I do some restoration backup and restore (my Database is Oracle database) without doing client copy to achieve my task

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The database doesn´t know anything about a "client" so you can´t use a database task to do that copy.

Even if that would be possible, you would overwrite your current client with that data as you would if you would do a remote client copy.

If you have create transport requests for the configurations you have done, you can create a virtual system in TMS, adapt the target system of that request to that virutal system and export the request. After the full copy you can re-import that request then.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A database level backup/restore is absolutely not possible to achieve your requirements,because you cant do a client level backup/restore from the database level.Only thing you can do from the DB level is a full backup/restore or a table level backup/restore which will not serve your requirements.

Regards,

Sam