cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in the upgrade to BW7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are Upgrading our BW system to BW7.0. While upgrading we got stuck with an error "<space>". SQLSTATE=42601' in the phase XPRAS_UPG.

As iam new to this upgades., i dont know how to deal with this error.

Please help me in this issue ASAP.URGENT

regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi alex

We too faced this error when upgrading to BW7.0, this is mainly due to missing entries in table DDSTORAGE. Determine the missing entries and add those missing entries using SQL statements.

This may help you i believe and also search for OSS.

thanks,

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your quick response. I dont know how to check the missing entries using SQL statements.

Please let me know ASAP how to check the entries using SQL statements.

regards,

ALEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Just go with note:919261 and in that note it clearly describes about this error and the solution.

Reward with points if helpful

thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Really appreciate for your response.The note is really very useful and solved the problem.

Thanks,

Alex

Edited by: alex2sap on Apr 2, 2008 12:55 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

In the future, may I please direct you to the [Rules of Engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement] before making a post. Specifically to the section:

>Do not use words in capital letters and any of the words: urgent, quickly, burning, etc in your message. Especially not in the title! This just irritates and does not help you get to your goal. From our side, we definitely do not answer faster when we see these words.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Open the Upgrade manual and read the :

"Correcting Errors in the XPRAS Phase" :

If errors occur in the XPRAS_UPG phase during the execution of XPRA reports, SAPup stops and refers

to the XPRASUPG.ELG log. Read this log and

Finding Help Texts for Error Messages

Correcting Errors.

Regards.