cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM: Usage Decession

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing one problem for a Raw material inspection type 01.

inspection is done with out doing ussage decession and used for Fert.

now i have to do usage decession, if i do, wether stock for raw material gets increased? it shuold not increased what i have to do.

Please respond

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

while stock is in QM stock , you can not use the same for issue to production order.

Pl. see in MMBE stock should be in QM stock under that inspection stock.

NOw afterverifying the stock, record the results, make the usage decision.

The stock will get posted toU/R stock.

Hope it is clear to you.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no stock in MMBE of QM.

in material document list the movements types and qtys. are

mvt type qty

101 10

321 10

321 10-

261 10-

now in MMBE stock is 0. Usage decession not done so if i do uasge decession now the stock of raw material should not increase.

please guide

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

UD and stock posting are two different activities under UD screen.

Check the stock posting details in QM lot under insp lot stock tab.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

If stock is not there in QM stock , you have to look into various aspects of your settings for inspection type 01.

You have to look to QA32 whether any inspection lots pending for UD.

If yes, you open the inspection lot tab & look for the stock.

Because you have updated that there is no inspection stock for this material, you pl. look into the settings for defaults for inspection type 01.whether chk box "post to insp stock"is chked or not.

In my view it might have chked.

So, for this inspection type stock will not be posted to insp stock.

Pl. look into these aspects & update.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually now whats the requirement is the Raw material which is inspected and is issued to fert with out doing usage decession now i want to do UD with out increase the stock, now in MMBE stock total is 0, for raw material.

i checked in QA32 this lot only in pending apart from this no other lots are there in QA32.

and also this lot is not posted to stock in inspetion stock view.

regards

venkat

Edited by: venkat jsr on Apr 2, 2008 12:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pl. check defult settings for inspection type.

in that there is achk box"post to insp stock"

In my view it might not have chked. Meaning the stock will not go for QM stock.It should have posted directly U/R stock.

Pl. chk that.

Regards

YMREDDY

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

during confirmation of FERT produced you have to consume this raw material ,how do you consume these materials to the production order ,either you have done MB1A or during production order confirmation you have to say these materials i have used.kindly specify whether you production order has confirmed or not .

also specify whether in the usage decision mode of the inspection lot stock tab whether any qty is pending for posting

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please find in the above reply i clearly mentioned the movement types used for different quantities of same material.

Regards

Venkat

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

As per your statement you have posted the stock to unrestricted and consumed ,but forgotten to make the usage decision .kindly go to T code QA32 and make the usage decision ,stock will not increase

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In QA32 i am finding inspection lot of this raw material which UD had not done and also in stock posting view stock is showing but not posted to any where. and also in MMBE i am not finding any kind of stock.

now if i do UD then i have to post if i post what will be the stock wether its increased or not. And also im Material document list they used some movement types like 261-GI, 321-quality to UnRestricted, 101-GR.

Movment types Qty

261 10-

321 10-

321 10

101 10

Now i have to do UD and clear that inspection lot.

Please guide

regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In UD screen - stock posting tab , you have check box with Insp stock.

If the indicator is set, the lot quantity was posted to inspection stock , when the inspection lot was created.

If this indicator is not set, the lot quantity was posted to

unrestricted-use stock.

Regards

K.M.Arun

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi venkat

kindly check once again as 321 mvt has occurred that means you have posted the material from QI to Unrestricted stock ,then how you are saying stock posting is not done

as per your mvt type

posted the goods receipt 101

moved from QI to Unrestric 321

consumped to prodution 261

here process gets completed .kindly check it once again .may be this stock is generated through other purchase order receipt ,still it should able to show in QI stock .

You are the better person to solve this problem.

regards

thyagarajan

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems very clear from all the postings that

1) the initial amount received from the purchase went directly to unrestricted without going to QI. (controlled by the post to inspec. stock indicator in the 01 inspection type set up for the material in the plant.

2) you consumed the material from unrestricted.

3) You MUST complete the UD and stock posting to close out the inspection lot properly.

4) Making the posting in the inspection lot should have NO effect on stock. (If you told us everything correctly). It's just something you have to do. The system knows the stock went to unrestricted originally and there is no real stock to move. But you have to indicate, that the full amount of material that was inspected is OK to use by going through the motions of the stock posting. Had a portion of the material been deemed bad, and still existed in unrestricted, you could post the bad stuff via the stock posting screen to blocked stock. That's why you still must complete the screen.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the issue once again i am writing it,

One raw material inspection type 01 activated, inspected and posted with out doing Usage decession and not posting in Inspection lot stock view.and used in making Fert.

In MMBE there is no stock of any type.

In material document list i found the following movement types which used are

Date - Movement type - Quantity

01/01/08 -101 - (10)

02/01/08 - 321- (10)

03/01/08- 321 - (10-)

04/01/08- 261 - (10-).

so from this i concluded that they posted with 101 after quality and used 321 and issued by 261.

Now guide me

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked in QA32 inspection lot selection - inspection lot stock, the key Ins.Stock Activated.

so if i do usage decession now wether stock of raw material will get increased, if it then stock should not increase for raw material.

clearly i can say one thing by seeing in MB51 mat.doc list the movement types used for the raw material are mentioned as above. i.e, they consumed the material and with out doing UD.

so if i do UD now stock should not increase, in QA32 inspection lot of this raw material stock is as it is and is not posted to any where, i.e they had not come accrossed QA32.

now i have to do UD or i have to delete that inspection lot.

Please guide

Regards

venkat

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would do the UD posting. If you have no stock showing in QI then the stock will not increase. However, if QM thinks you should have stock, then the chances are the UD posting will fail.

If it goes through with no problems then I would guess that your "post to inspec stock" in the 01 inspection type was not ticked on when this particular inspection lot was created.

If you get errors during the posting then you need to check in OSS for the inventory reconcilation report that will correct the inventory error between IM and QM.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please Respond for this issue

In QA32, in usage decession in Inspection Lot Stock, Activated Inspection Stock,

Inspection lot qty:10

To be Posted:10

and UD not done and in MMBE of this Raw material there is no stock showing either in QM or other.

and also for 01 inspection type for this raw material is maintained and is not activated in QM view of this material in its material master.

so if i do UD now what about the stock

Please guide fast

Regards

Venkat

Edited by: venkat jsr on Apr 3, 2008 9:27 AM

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about it?

As I said, if you show no stock in QI, there will be no increase in unrestricted stock if you do the UD and it works. If it does work, I would still tend to believe that the post to insp. stock was not set at the time the lot was created but was ticked on at a later date.

If the UD fails the posting, you have an inventory reconciliation problem.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I understood what you are saying, thanks.

But how can i show that there is no stock in Quality Inspection.

In QA32, in usage decession in Inspection Lot Stock view, Activated Inspection Stock,

Inspection lot qty:10

To be Posted:10

So after doing UD and posting the Raw material will increase in stock or not.

and also for 01 inspection type for this raw material is maintained and is not activated in QM view of this material in its material master.

Please guide

Regards

Venkat

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this last posting you asked, "how can i show that there is no stock in Quality Inspection".

In an earlier posting you said "and UD not done and in MMBE of this Raw material there is no stock showing either in QM or other."

So you have already told us all that you show no material in QI stock.

Therefore there is nothing that can be posted to unrestricted.

I am still saying to do the UD.

Craig

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

As you have consumed for fert ,how do you issued the raw material for FERT ,if you have not done the usage decision and stock posting then you might have used some other stock ,do the usage decision it will get adjusted to the stock account

go to QA32 and do the usage decision and stock posting

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

they used same material for fert with out doing UD.

in MMBE the raw material stock is 0. It should be like that only because that particular material they already used so after doing UD now tha stock of Raw material should not increase

Regards

venkat