SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS-U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Does anyone know what happens in SAP IS-U if we block fields (Color them in gray so no one could insert any data) from the standard implementation?

I don't mean fields which are not required to fulfill a process -like creating a business partner, but not let any one insert any data to the fields which are not required to create the business partner.

I know that's a very general questions, but I just need to know whether anyone tried to do so and everything worked properly.

Many thanks.

Maya

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi maya,

if its not a mandatory field in standard implementation you can change it to display mode and i dont think it will create any problems to you .

regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maya,

Every thing will work properly.

Just when you are disabling the fields just go with config.

Business Partner :: BUPT.

Contract Account :: CAWM

if it is mandatory field also we can disable that field just go to field grouping menu bar then check the radio button as not a required field.

We can do very easily this one.

Reward Points if it helps

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva ,

you are absolutly right that we can disable the mandatory field but still I think we have to make proper setting for that field , we cant leave it by just disabling that field.

thanks and regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Many thanks for the help.

Have you actually tried doing that, did everything worked properly?

Maya