Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

New row SyncBo and new SyncBo reinstall

Hi, i add a new row in a SyncBo1 and create a new syncBo2. I create a new war application with the new xml and i assign at the webconsole. If i install in the tables, is neccesary to reinstall the application? Or can i reset client with the botton in settings menu? Or are there another better way to install the application without the reinstall application ? Thanks and regards.

Former Member replied

Hi Julian,

if you change a SyncBO it gets problematic.......

As long as you just change the GETLIST/GETDETAIL code as such in the backend and do not change the IMPORT/EXPORT/TABLES parameter, then SyncBO definition on the middleware stays untouched. In that case you can life with two different versions of the APP - both use the same MEREPMETA.XML file.

If you really need to change the SyncBO but want to keep the old APP - you need to implement a new SyncBO and keep the old one. For example you use Z_SYNCBONAME and Z_SYNCBONAME_A where the .._A is the new one. In that case both apps can stay beside each other, cause both have their own syncBOs. Even APP A with SyncBO A,B,C and App B with SyncBO A,C,D,E,F is possible. A new version of an App is the same as a new App - in the definitipon above.

So if you have changed the app and the SyncBO - you can use Victors approach, but you have to use the RESET CLIENT functionality on the settings screen, to init the new BOs.

If you want to deploy this app to the clients - well, just assign them to the devices in the NWA and delete the old app. this will then do these steps at next sync. Problem: restart of MI is recommended! but the SyncLog tells you that - so it is not really an issue - hopefully.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question