cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

navigating from windw to window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have 2 windows, win1 has multiple buttons, win2 has multiple views, I want to attach a button from win1 to corresponding view in win2, I dont kno how, no matter which button i click i get the default view, please help.

regards,

Yaseen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is one of my problems, in that I dont know which button was clicked and therefore dont know which view should be displayed in the window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your eventhandler of the button,

you should fire an outbound plug that is connected to the inbound plug of the second window.

Keep in mind that the 2 windows should be in different components.

grtz,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im trying to that but I cant seem to link the outbound plug of win1 with the inbound plug of win2, and even if I could I still wont know which button was pressed, Im really struggling with this problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you give some more details?

Are the views in 1 component or do you use component usage?

Go to the layout of your button view and look to the on action attribute of your buttons,

are they all linked to the same action/eventhandler?

grtz,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Details:

On win1 I have a form, each field on the form will have a button attached, when the button is clicked it will open a pop window that has a table to allow for additional entries, each table is different in that it has dropdown for the different fields.

Component - both the main window and the popup exist in the same component, the only 'Usage' that exists is that I am making use of 'SELECT_OPTIONS'.

Action - I have differnt actions attached to each button, currently I have only set it up for two buttons, on button 1 I have action1 and button2 I have action2. On action1 all I do is call the popup window, when the popup appears it populates it with the default view, on button2 call the popup window and trigger an outbound plug that is supposed to call view2(not default).

What is happing tho is that whether I hit button1 or button2, it still brings the default view in the popup window,

Regards,

Yaseen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the eventhandler of the inbound plug,

you can fire an outbound plug that is connected to the correct view

(all the embedded views)

to make that distinction, you can have different inbound plugs in the window

that each fire one plug (one for every view) or you can use an importing parameter

on the one inbound plug in the window, that will be checked eg in a case structure

to fire the different plugs towards the views.

grtz,

Koen