cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Connection fails for VC system of type Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I ve created a VC system of the type Web Service in Portal. In this VC system, I have given Url of the Enterprise Service that I want to use in VC.

(for eg: http://erp.esworkplace.sap.com/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/sdef_ECC_SALESORDER002QR/wsdl11/ws_policy/document?sa...

In the next step, I did user mapping for the VC user that will be consuming this Enterprise Service.

The system was created successfully but when I did ‘Connection Tests’ , I got the following exception:

“Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure that Single Sign-On is configured correctly”

Do I need to do any more configurations before I can use such ES portal system in my VC work studio ?

I understand that I have provided little information about the exception thrown by Portal.

I kindly request you to feel free in asking any other details about the same.

Regards

Kapil S Kamble

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Does the portal server have a connection to the internet? if not, that would be problematic. If it has, please open a support ticket at SAP and we'll help you with figuring the problem out.

Thanks,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natty

how can I find out that my portal has connectivity to internet ?

Regards

Kapil

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

The easiest way to do it is to create a URL iView that points to some URL on the internet and set the iView's "Fetch Mode" property to "Server Side" (this is important). If the portal is connected to the internet, you'll get the website. If not - you'll get an error.

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natty

thanks for your immediate reply.

I followed your instructions and created iView of the type URL and set the fetch mode property to 'server side' as told.

Initially, I gave 'http://www.sap.com' as the Url and I was successful in opening the site.

Later, when I gave Enterprise Service url and tried to preview the iView, I got the following exception:

*'http://erp.esworkplace.sap.com/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/sdef_ECC_SALESORDER002QR/wsdl11/ws_policy/document?sap-client=800

Error # 401'*

I ll need to give username and password. But how do i give them as parameters?

Please note, these parameteres are appended to the Url. So, I fear that if url of Enterprise service is changed, then it wont open.

what do you think ?

Kapil

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

The URL iView is just for checking whether the portal server is able to reach the internet and it is. You got the page so it looks like the problem is not here. So, the next step would be to raise the web service connector's logger to severity "All" and to replicate the problem. For this, I recommend you to open a support ticket at SAP Support. We will continue there.

Thanks,

Natty

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Make sure your proxy service settings (under System Administration->System Configuration->Service Configuration->Applications->com.sap.portal.ivs.httpservice->Services->proxy). Configure your internet proxy server there and the connection test should work (if the user/password is correct).

Regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natanel

There is no proxy that is being used in my company.

So, I dont think I need to do the configuration mentioned by you.

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If the usermapping is correct then this shoul not happened.

Just check once again the usermapping.

Did you mapped the VC user with the System credentials ie.credentials used for login into the system(Open URL in browser and then it will ask you User Id and password,these user id and password should be mapped with VC user)

Regards,

govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu

Yes, I have checked the credentials given for user mapping are correct.

Is there any other way to track the error ?

Regards

Kapil