cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one instance is starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Admins!

We have installed the sneak preview of the Netweaver JAVA stack. Instance 0 of the J2EE Server is running fine. But instance 1 one will not start. We get the following error in the Developer trace:

[Thr 5544] *** ERROR => Invalid property value [box.number/J2EJC00iris] [jstartxx.c 789]

[Thr 5544] *** ERROR => Invalid property value [system.id/0] [jstartxx.c 789]

We compared the parameters in the instance.properties file and find some strange parameters:

Server 0

ID4178350.JavaParameters=-Djava.security.policy=./java.policy -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBProxy -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBSingletonProxy -Djavax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sap.engine.system.PortableRemoteObjectProxy -Dorg.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitializerClass.com.sap.engine.services.ts.jts.ots.PortableInterceptor.JTSInitializer -Djco.jarm=1 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djava.awt.headless=true -verbose:gc -Drdbms.driverLocation=d:/sapdb/programs/runtime/jar/sapdbc.jar -Dsys.global.dir=C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global -XX:NewSize=85m -XX:MaxNewSize=85m -XX:MaxPermSize=192m -XX:PermSize=192m -XX:DisableExplicitGC -XX:UseParNewGC -XX:PrintGCDetails -XX:PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -Xms256m -Xmx512m

Server 1

ID4178351.JavaParameters=-Djava.security.policy=./java.policy -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBProxy -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBSingletonProxy -Djavax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sap.engine.system.PortableRemoteObjectProxy -Djco.jarm=1 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -verbose:gc -XX:PrintGCDetails -XX:PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:UseParNewGC -Xms256M -Xmx512M -XX:MaxNewSize=85M -XX:NewSize=85M -XX:DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxPermSize=192M -XX:PermSize=192M -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -Drdbms.driverLocation=D:/sapdb/programs/runtime/jar/sapdbc.jar -Dsys.global.dir=C:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

The error message that you saw in dev_jcontrol can be ignored.

The java parameters of the two server nodes look identical except for -Dorg.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitializerClass.com.sap.engine.services.ts.jts.ots.PortableInterceptor.JTSInitializer , which is also incorrect as there is no "=".

Please check the other log files in C:/usr/sap/J2E/work directory as well. There you can find more information about your problem.

Kind Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

thanks for your answer. Yes you're right the mentioned property is incorrect. I deleted it, but I still got the error message. Does anbody know for what the property is used?

I think the = should be placed before com.sap.engine...

"Dorg.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitializerClass=com.sap.engine.services.ts.jts.ots.PortableInterceptor.JTSInitializer"

But why is it only at server 0? This server is running fine. Thats why I think Vyara is right and the message can be ignored.

I checked the other log files and found an error in std_server1.out:

SAP J2EE Engine Version 6.40 PatchLevel 89291.313 is starting...

Loading: LogManager ... 1750 ms.

Loading: PoolManager ... 16 ms.

Loading: ApplicationThreadManager ... 109 ms.

Loading: ThreadManager ... 16 ms.

Loading: IpVerificationManager ... 31 ms.

Loading: ClassLoaderManager ... 31 ms.

Loading: ClusterManager ... 1422 ms.

Loading: LockingManager ... 157 ms.

Loading: ConfigurationManager ...

Loading: ConfigurationManager returned false!

Any idea? What is the ConfigurationManager and where I can find indices why it returned false?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!

I found the problem! The pathes in the ConfigurationManager.properties file (placed at (C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server1\cfg\kernel\) are completly wrong. I copied the file from server0 to server1. Now everything is running fine!

Thanks a lot,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

That was to fast. After a restart of the server instance (Restart of dispatcher, server0 and server1) the corrupt ConfigurationManager.properties file is restored!

In the corrupt file the secstorefs.lib is wrong: secstorefs.lib=C\:
usr
sap
P12
SYS
global
security
lib

It should be: secstorefs.lib=C\:/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/security/lib

Where I can set this path or where is the origin of the restore?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

You can change the properties of ConfigurationManager using the config tool (/usr/sap/<SID>/<J2EE Instance>/j2ee/configtool/). Select the problematic node and go to managers -> ConfigurationManager.

Best Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

thanks! MMC is green now. All processes are running.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (0)