Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is billing doc generated without PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Encountered an unique process.

Is it possible to create a billing doc without creating/doing PGI doc, but picking is done. (Though this is a Basic information to be known)

Am able to save the billing doc without doing PGI, which is not supposed to be done.

While creating billing in VF01 itself System should restricts with a warning msg as : "NO Billing Doc Generated" which am not getting for a particular Client, it just takes to the billing overview screen after VF01 and can save the billing document which is not the right method I guess.

Checked all the Sales & Billing doc type Document Types. How to solve this.

I/p regding the same will be of great help.

With regards,

Vijayashree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijayshree,

Please check in the customizing settings for copy control from Delivery Document to Billing document.

It should be 003 in copying requirements. This requirement will check for PGI.

Regards,

Tajudeen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayashree,

This will happen with the settings available in the copy controls between Delivery to billing so.

-->You go to VTFL transaction check is there any Z copy requirement used.

As per standard at header level copying requirement '003'

As per standard at item level copying requirement '004'

-->Even If the system is allowing you create billing document with out PGI with the standard requirements (003 and 004) then you take help from the ABAPer to check why it is happening and If you want you can correct it.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Murali,

Thank you for the valuable i/p, I could c there is Z copy requirement used in VTFL.

Its not 003 as per the std. its customized copying requirement.

Will check with Abapers here n let u know.

With regards,

Vijayashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The issue is solved.

Thank you one-and-all.

With regds,

Vijayashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as per my knowledge billing doc willnot be created unless you do a pgi fo a std sales order. Please check the document flow and see if system has generated goods issue doc and get back.

thanks

krishna prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Krishna Prasad,

I have checked the Doc flow, PGI is not done but still able to creat the billing. This is quite surprising to me too.

However, We do the quality check before PGI in QA11 transaction then do the PGI.

While testing it was observed that by mistake without doing PGI they did the billing and could able to save the billing doc too which was not the right process.

Let me know how exactly we can solve this issue.

With regds,

Vijayashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the billing relevance for item category in VOV7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayashree,

As you said the PGI is done before for standard orders. But in case of rush orders invoice is generated instantly and the PGI is done at a later time.

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Its Normal Sales order process.

regds,

Vijayashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you checked the document flow?