Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction on G/L account .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Need some inputs from all,

One of our client’s requirement is to have authorization at GL account level.

What I mean is,

If we have user A, who is allowed to use a GL account (let us say CASH book account),

But if the user B is not allowed to use the above said GL account but he is allowed to do the all transactions with other GL account,

I understand that we can address through validation but I don’t want to do it through validation but wanted to address it by authorization,

Pls. brief me about it.

Cheers

Rahul

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Pls tell us which GL tcodes users are using when working on the Accounts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanx for the reply & it's

T-Codes -- F-02 ,FB50

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that you could use authorisation groups assigned to the GL account. I think this is maintained on the master data for the GL account.

If you decide to go this route then I would only assign the groups to the accounts that should be restricted, and then leave the field blank for all unsretricted accounts. This can become a maintenance nightmare so I recommend that this only be applied for crtical accounts.

The object that you would use to control access is F_BKPF_BES, keeping the activity values aligned with the other F_BKPF objects that are being checked.

Regards