cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Posting Error no 51: Function module not allowed

Former Member

Dear Experts,

I'm doing a file to idoc scenario in the MDM-XI-R/3 integration. I am sending ADRMAS first and then DEBMAS. The process code I use for ADRMAS is BAPI_IDOC_INPUT_MDM.

But when the idoc is sent to R/3 it doesn't get posted giving the error status 51 with the message Function Module not allowed: BAPI_IDOC_INPUT_MDM. I tried searching for the probable process codes for ADRMAS and I have always come across the same process code that I'm using. Is there any other process code that I have to use or is there some other problem?

Please give your inputs.

Thanks and regards,

Merrilly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

turmoll
Active Contributor

Hi,

Make sure you use a proper IDoc type for your FM - WE57 - Assignment Messages for Appl. Objs,

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please let us know which process code will resolve the issue. We are facing the same problem.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monika,

I was facing the same problem. just in case, yours is not solved yet, have a look at what is written in table TBDBE (only through SE16)

In my case there was an entry for ADRMAS with function module IDOC_INPUT_ADRMAS.

This one I changed to BAPI_IDOC_INPUT_MDM and the error was gone.

The table helds also entries for other types.

The table is called during the program routine in FM BAPI_IDOC_INPUT_MDM.

Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In partner profile check whether the process code is assignwd and double click on it whether it shows same functional module or other

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

other than 'BAPI_IDOC_INPUT_MDM' process code.

we have the following process codes.

BAPI_IDOC_INPUT_MDM_TA - techincal assets

MDM_IDOC_DISPATCHER - MDM Request

IDOC_INPUT_CREDITOR_MDM: Inbound Vendor from MDS via XI

IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR_MDM : Inbound Debitor from MDS via XI

BAPI_IDOC_INPUT_MDM_ARTMAS.

could yopu please try with last one.

warm regards

mahesh.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Idoc type debmas06 there are few mandatory fields.

Check if the segment in IDOC not field.

While passing the data from file to xi to IDOC these mandatory fields are not filled up.

In We30/we31 you can check with the segment editor for the mandatory status of the fields.

regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Please check that the process code in the inbound partner profile is correct.

2. If this is the case, you should check the ALE inbound methods ALE inbound methods for the process code and see whether the specified function module and application object type are correct.

3. If this is also the case, then the function module and the application object type are not permitted for the logical message type, message variant, message function and basis type that are contained in the IDoc control record. You should check whether the correct values have been assigned to these fields in the control record. If they do have the correct values, then the assignment to the function module and the application object type needs to be maintained.

BR,

Alok