cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Error 501

0 Kudos

Hi All

I have configured a communication channel to connect to FTP server (GXS) and read EDI messages. I am getting following error.

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '203.202.30.136:15555'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 Syntax errors in parameter. usage: %[recipient id]%[APRF] where either [recipient] or [APRF] can be omitted. (to change your current default SEND relationship). %% (places you in your 'HOME' TR). &['s'|'single'] ('get' command gets single file). &['m'|'multiple'] ('get' command gets multiple files). '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

I can connect manually in OS level.

Can anyone help me to sort this out.

Thanks & Regards

Shantha Bandara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Shantha

When you connect using OS level FTP command and get a list of files, how does the output look. Does your VAN provide just the list of files or does it provide some header information as well. If they do, then I think that's where your problem is. The FTP adapter is connecting to your VAN and getting a list of files available and for each member of the list, it is trying to pull the files. Obviously the first line is just header information and not a valid file name, hence the syntax error.

If this is the reason, you have two options. Write a OS script outside of XI to pull the files and then set up a file communication channel to read the files or write a adapter module to do execute the FTP scripts.

Hope this helps.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shanta,

I'm using the same Seeburger Van GXS adapter and encounter the same error "501 Syntax errors in parameter. usage: %recipient id%APRF where either recipient or APRF can be omitted." when trying to put an EDI message to an EDI partner.

It seems that you have made some steps.

How did you pass this first error?

Thanks in advance,

Rudolf van der Heijden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanta,

Seeburger has 2 FTP communication adapters FTP VAN and FTP Host.

In the Seeburger solution guide there is an overview which adapter to use for the connection to a specific VAN (page 5).

Since there are different GXS VAN's available you have to find out first which VAN you have to use.

Regards,

Jens

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks again for trying to solve this problem.

I am using VAN ftp adapter as GXS is a VAN.

Thanks & Regards

Shantha Bandara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also receiving error messages like those below when trying to connect to GXS over VPN:

ftp> get 003428828779763711

200 Port command successful.

550-Requested action not taken.

Extraction command SNRF: 080827125134XF.

TIP error: GOFILE GOFILE - File 'System Ref.' does not exist.(0061)

Did you have any success resolving your ftp problems? Any tips you could share with me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shantha,

Did you ever manage to resolve this issue? I am encountering a very similar problem with a receiver Seeburger FTP channel. Everything looks correct but I get an error in the communication channel log that says:

Message processing failed. Cause: javax.resource.ResourceException: Fatal exception: com.sap.aii.af.ra.cci.XIRecoverableException: >> Description: com.seeburger.jftp.app.exception.FtpExceptionSoftProcessingError: Unexpected reply: 501-Syntax errors in parameter. usage: %[recipient id]%[APRF] where either [recipient] or [APRF] can be omitted.

Any tips or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the port and directory you have specified. because the default port for ftp connection is either 20 or 21. Also let me know whether you are using any OS command to get the files.

Is this FTP server within your netowrk or is it an external FTP.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also refer these SAP notes which will help you to resolve the issue.

SAP Note:821267, 824236

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

0 Kudos

Thanks every one .

No I tried with Seeburger FTP adapter and I am getting similar error message. Message is as follows.

com.seeburger.jftp.app.exception.FtpExceptionSoftProcessingError: Unexpected reply: 501-Syntax errors in parameter. usage: %[recipient id]%[APRF] where either [recipient] or [APRF] can be omitted. (to change your current default SEND relationship). %% (places you in your 'HOME' TR). &['s'|'single'] ('get' command gets single file). &['m'|'multiple'] ('get' command gets multiple files). [4/2/08 2:39 PM]

Thanks & Regards

Shantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may be because your directory contains some blank spaces inbetween words. try to create a folder without blank space and check it.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error comes when 'Syntax error in parameters or arguments.'. So lets check this one and let me know. for info related to FTP Error look into

http://www.ftpplanet.com/ftpresources/ftp_codes.htm

Also check out if you coming against a firewall and ports open.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Check whether the USER ID you are using in the File Adapter has the authorization

2) In http://<servername>:port, port should be abap stack port 8000 or 8005.

3) Try viewing the visual admin logs .

4) If you are using File content conversion then check :

If the conversion parameter values (especially the Key Field Values) you have specified are in quotes. If so, then remove the quotes and try again.

5) Use this https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2308. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards

Sangeetha

0 Kudos

Hi Sangeetha

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will explain little more about my problem. We have a VAN provider called GXS. They have given a mail box number and pw. We receive orders in EDI EDIFACT format to that mailbox. I need to login to that mail box using ftp and read the messages. I did bit of progress. No I am getting different error . Error is

Could not process due to error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error during RETR epilogue: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Requested action not taken. Extraction command SNRF: 08040201245YCD. TIP error: GOFILE - invalid service reference (must be an 18-digit number).(0060) .

I know this is complaining about the service number.

Thanks & Regards

Shantha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shantha,

I am facing the same issue.

TIP error: GOFILE - invalid service reference (must be an 18-digit number).(0060) .

If you had success with the issue; please advice.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad

0 Kudos

Hello Prasad/Shantha,

I also need to send the file to GXS using the Seeburger adapter.

I am also facing the same issue.

Pleaser let m eknow if you have got the resolution to the problem.

Regards,

Mayank