cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on saving report configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everyone.

I'm looking for some feedback on saving a report configuration. Basically I will have a series of drop downs for a report to be generated. For example on a downtime report, the user wants to generate 10 charts in the report, first chart; Line1, Unplanned Stops, Depalletizer, Feed Jam. Second chart Line 2, Scheduled Stops, PM, Conveyor, Electrical, etc etc. They will then hit the submit button where I will generate the charts for them. They want to set up the 10 charts, then "save" the configuration, so that when the user goes back to the page later, even after logging off xMII, they don't have to configure all 10 charts again.

Each of the drop downs will be data driven browser objects. I'm using xMII 11.5 My ideas for this are;

1) Save the settings to a SQL table, by username (I have about 1500 users corporate wide)

2) Cookie, this would make the report dependant on the client machine though.

3) XML file, saved by on the server (probably my least favorite option)

I was wondering if anybody has done something like this before, and what experience they have had before I commit to a design. I'm open to ideas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Option #1 is the best way to have the user persistance. Having an adminstration screen for deleting and/or viewing other user created reports then becomes as simple as an SQLQuery with an iGrid and iCommand.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (0)