cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am an abaper . Can somebody tell me the ABAP concept that are used in XI.Also pl tell me if its appropriate to move to XI after having one and half yers of ABAP experience marketwise as compared to BI.Also please tell me what concepts of abap are used in BI.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We require the following ABAP Skills in XI

1) ALE Concepts

2) IDOC

3)RFC

ABAP Programming for Proxies

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Choosing XI is great option for you rather than go for Bi.

Xi deals IDOC ,RFC ,BAPI and PROXIES

bi DEALS application specific data sources in R/3.

rEGARDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First let me tell u what is XI:

Xi is the middleware tool. u can search ion SDN to get more details.

XI are the component of SAP netweaver.

In XI: It is separated in two parts

1) XI basis (Administration)

Activites are:

1) XI installation

2) Configuration activitie

3) Post installation checks

4) SLD configuration

5) Create Users,

6) Role assignments.

And many more

2) XI Implementation and development.

Under the development you have two parts Integration repository which is desing part which involves small amount of Java knowledge whenever your requirement is not fulfilled by standard SAP XI function.

and integration Configuration:

This is very simple stpes once your design is over.Based on your requirement you have to use the standard adapter provided by SAP for example if file is coming then u will go for File adapter,if IDOC is psoted to R3 then you go for IDOC adapter,communication with remote client u go for SOAP adapter.

NOw coming to ur question moving for ABAP to XI. U do not require to move from ABAP to XI. As a XI resource u need ABAP skills as well.

ABAP skills will be advantage for you.

ABAP knowledge is required in the below scenarios:

1) While dealing with Proxies where u need to send the data from R3 system that time u need to write a select stmt and call the proxy method in roder to send the data from R3 to Legacy similary for reverse case some time u will get the data from legasy system and u need to fill the table in R3 system so that time again ABAP is used.

2) In dealing with RFCs/BAPIs where u r calling ur custom RFCs FM for any validations or taking the response from that RFCs

3) IDOC scenarios where if u r not using the SAP Std IDOCs u r extending the IDOCs where u required abap knoeledge for filling up the extended segments in user exit.

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you maybe know the XI runs on a double stack AS.

The components running on ABAP are:

- Integration Engine

- Business Process Engine

Beside the points Jakub mentioned already you could also write the mappings in ABAP.

Regards

Patrick

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a big advandage to have both XI and ABAP skills.

ABAP skills are pretty important especially while dealing with:

- IDoc

- BAPI/RFC

- PROXIES

scenarios.

You can cover all roles needed to do system integration.

Regards,

Jakub