Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap .Net Connector

erick_ore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody. I'm Erick.

I'm trying to create an application using VB .net with the Sap .net connector but I have a problem. I've read about an assistant that you can configure to create the connection con SAP, however when I add the sap .net connector toward my project, it doesn't appear.

I would like to know if there's another way to configure the sap .net connector to set mi connection with the server.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know what you mean exactly, but best you follow the walkthroughs in the online help (Go to Help-> Contents). The rtsteps are:

- Create an Project (e.g. Windows Forms or WebForms).

- "Add new Item...", "SAP Connector Proxy".

- An empty designer appears.

- Open Server Explorer and add an Application Server. Provide Login information.

- Dig into BOR or add a Function Filter.

- Drag the funtions or BOR classes you want.

- Customize the proxy in the designer if needed.

- Save the proxy and compile.

- Into you Windows/WebForm add a proxy instance from toolbox.

- Add a login form (Web) or add a Destination (Windows Forms). You can drag the Server node to the Windows Forms designer to get a pre-configured Destination.

- Databind your UI.

erick_ore
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm still confused, the problem is the SAP .net Wizard doesn't appear when I add the SAP Connector Class, I'd like to know if there's a way to make it appear in order to configure my connection with the server.

Thanks.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no wizard in version 2.0. You may have read documentation from version 1.x. Please read my answer carefully: you enter the server information in Server Explorer.