cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Import Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Due to Volume of data we need to run multiple MDM Servers in our landscape. My question is

Do we physically need multiple import servers for multiple mdm servers. Can we configure multiple MDIS instances on one physical machine to run import to sepaerate MDM Servers

Thank you in advance

C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use one Import Server for multiple MDM Servers but not similtaneously e.g. say your landscape is conisiting of 3 MDM servers M1,M2,M3 then when you want to use server say M1 you need to specify the server name in the mdis.ini file under the parameter name Server like Server=M1 and similarly for other two.

Mdis.ini file is constructed dynamically depending on the server specified in the Server parameter.

Thanks & Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Thanks for the replies. in the end.....

we are going to check with the basis guys see if we can partition one machine to be vitual MDIS. Allowing us the have a one to to one mapping of MDIS.ini the the MDS, without the need for additioanl hardware.

Regards

C

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't use one Import server for multiple MDM servers in direct sense, but you can mount repositories from other different MDM server to a single MDM server and then can use single Import server. It might work.

Otherwise you have to use one Import server per MDM server.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ccr,

My understanding tells me that the MDIS.ini file to run automatic importing is specific to one MDM server as it present under the server folder path which means one server will have one mdis.ini file for automatic importing for all the repositories within one server.

If you are using diff MDM server it will mean diff rep and so the mdis.ini file will be on differnt servers as well.

Using the same import server for importing data from diff rep on diff server,does not seem feasible.

Thanks& Regards

Simona