cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of EA-CP, EA-SCM and EA-ISEE extensions on ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I´d like to know if the AddOns en ECC 6.0 (or Enterprise Extensions) can be activated without any problem i.e. affecting the existing customizing/programs or similar.

The Enterprise extensions to activate are "EA-CP", "EA-SCM" and "EA-ISSE".

Is it enough the activation of the ESS extensions business functions through SFW5 also making sure we have minimum requirement SP levels for SAP_ABAP, SAP_BASIS, EA-APPL?

Which are those minimum SP levels?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Santiago

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Santiago,

I know it's been a long time since you post this, but I have bumped into the same particular situation, only that after I have activate the extension I get the error below.

If you have any ideas it will be great,

Please and thank you,

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diaz,

I have activated EA-CP and plannig to activate EA-SCM.

Please let me know if the activation of EA-SCM gone well for you or not.

Futher, please let me know what BC sets configuration who have done for consumer durables and all. Actually I don't know what is the next activity to do after activating EA-CP.

Your assistance would be of great help.

Regards,

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santiago,

With reference to your question, I am sure that nobody could give you a specific answer to your question and I would never make any assumptions or believe anyone that said that the activitation of any extensions in the switch framework would not cause disruption to existing processes. In all, any activation should require a regression test to insure that the business processes in the system are operating properly as they are at risk of issues due to the activation of the new functionality. Additionally with all ther interactions and not knowing what you are using, what is modified and custom in the ERP today, the questions is more difficult to answer than just your knowing your processes and validating them once the changes are completed - which I am sure you all would do anyway once you are done with your updates. Simplest way to get the actual answer - get a sandbox and try it out.

As for the activation of ESS through SFW5 - you need to determine which functions you are expecting to work for ESS and from there identify the process on activating the HCM in the switch framework or not. I know that there is a lot of detail in there but this is a big area and the decision to turn-on or off this switch is an interesting one that cannot be reversed once done.

Minimum SP-Levels are irrelevent to the actions, but more relevent to what you want to do. I would suggest that you be on the appropriate Stack for your respective installation - the latest one is always the best and since you are undergoing a major change to your core system, to insure proper support - you should be on the latest stack release across all your areas.

Hopefully that answers your questions, if it does, please set this thread to answered, if not please provide additional deatails so we can properly answer your question and get you going.

Edited by: David Milliken on Apr 1, 2008 10:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David for your helpful answer.

I would like to know the technical details related to AddOns/Enterprise Extensions activation.

In my case (EA-CP, EA-SCM and EA-ISSE AddOns activation in ECC 6.0), it would be really hepful to know the technical steps of the procedure:

- Steps (I suppose that the activation and testing should be done with one AddOn each time, to minimize further problems and to control better each new functionality)

- Transactions (SPAU, SPAD, SDCC, ...) and how they must be used

In one word, it's the first time we face this situation and any help (mainly technical with a handbook or similar) would be welcome.

Thanks in advance and regards.

Santiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santiago,

Please go through the SAP Note 855959, which gives you some technical background, and some requirements on the activation of any Enterprise Extensions like EA-CP, EA-SCM etc.

Points in the note will be of good use to users.

Best Regards,

Rekha