cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a doubt about XI connections in a asynchronous scenario.

The interface will be an asynchronous call from a SAP system to another SAP system via XI using SOAP adapter.

And my question what happen with the calling SAP until the other SAP send the response, Do the program is waiting for the response? If the SAP program stops, do I have lost the interface data if I don't have the response yet?

Could you send me and example of the code needed in SAP to do this kind of interface? Asynchronous call and response one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Raúl Perea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raul Perea ,

I am Confused..as of your interface, mode is asynchronous communication.

then how come response will come.

Asynch always push the data into target sys.

If it is Synch interface we can make it happen with the help of WAIT step .in BPM.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raul,

As Jorg already wrote is much better in your case to use proxy instead of soap. If it's not possible is better to use asynchronous BAPI.

In case of asynchronous communication you want get an response but you can request ack in case of proxy or configure acknowledgement in case of asynchronous BAPI.

Kind regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you use proxies?

If not, XI persists every asynchronous message by default on every step. So no information gets lost. The sending application stops its program and falls asleep (or does something else) until the response wakes it up again. So some CorrelationId would be helpful to identify your process.

Technically, of course the system waits for some response in an asynchronous scenario. Basically, it waits for the HTTP code 200 that the receiving side has accepted the message. This will be so from sender to the adapter engine, from adater engine to integration engine, then again to the adapter engine and into the receiving system. If it's an SAP system, some monitoring like SXMB_MONI should also persist your data. In all those places you can restart the message, whenever it runs into an error. No BPM is needed for this, you can even define jobs which do this automatically for you (this is SAP standard).

Edited by: Jörg Thiesmann on Apr 1, 2008 11:35 PM

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Do the program is waiting for the response?

Yes ( There is a Time parameter till then it will wait...beyond that it will Time Out )

> If the SAP program stops, do I have lost the interface data if I don't have the response yet?

In XI with help of BPM you can Re Trigger it.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss