cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Refresh from Production to QA in NW2004S ABAP+JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are intreseted to do a system refresh in NW2004S ABAP+JAVA.

The database team will take the responsiblity of Refreshing the Database and renaming to Quality SID.

Please let us know how do we take the Java engine online after the refresh be export/import method.

We have done this in NW2004 and it works.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This note will be helpful : Note 831812 - Config Tool shows incorrect parameters after System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just follow these steps

1) Using configtool you need to change the Hostname / SID / System No. / Port Nos. If you are not able to start configtool. use offlinecfgeditor.sh(unix) or offlinecfgeditor.bat (win)

2) change INSTANCE nos. in "instance.properties" file under /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<instance no>/j2ee/cluster

or better to copy this file from your Production and change the SID/Hostname/Sys.No etc instead of the INSTANCE Nos.

3) ren file instance.properties.vmprop to instance.properties.vmprop.old , it will generate with when the system is started.

4) After the changes I mentioned, pls dont forget to apply the license.

Pls let me know if this helped you.

Regards

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Database Specific method or Db independet method ?

Check system copy procedure guide available at

http://service.sap.com/instguides --> SAP NetWeaver -->SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) --> Installation

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Database team will take care of copying and renaming the database.

For ABAP only systems we dont have any issue.

For ABAP+JAVA systems , how do we go ahead in NW2004S.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just doing a backup restore doesnt work for ABAP+JAVA systems. ABAP part will come start but Java doesnt start.So its better to follow the system copy procedure document . Its prettymuch straight forward.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Edited by: Prince Jose on Apr 1, 2008 11:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the Java part an export/reimport is needed.

We use a mixed refresh procedure :

Restore/rename of the database for the abab stack

Export/reimport of the java database schema for the java stack.

It's kind of tricky but it works for our BI 7.0 systems.

Regards,

Olivier

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys,

for NW2004s, i think export/import is not needed cause the JAVA schema is included in the database and during startup the system would sync the jar files externally on the filesystem after the System copy is done.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

This is what i would like to do

The Database team while refresh and rename the Database back to Quality.

While taking export

1. Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks System Copy

Oracle

Source System

Central System

Based on AS ABAP and AS Java

2. In the process do we need to select :

use database specific tools or not.

It does not give me any options to select java only , if i select the option use database specific tools. So not sure whether we have to use the option or not.

Also while doing target system import

1.Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks System Copy

Oracle

Target System

Central System

Based on Stack option AS ABAP and Java

2. Do we need to select

Standard System Copy Migration load-based

or Homogeneous Backup Restore menthod.

As the Database is already running with Quality SID not sure what option to choose.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddhesh,

Yes you are right , Java schema is included . But the Java wont come up when you start as the instance ID got changed.Its being calculated based on SID , instance and Hostname. As its a system refresh, SID will be changed and probably host and instance # . There is a workaround ( modify a parameter to match the source Instance ID ) to this , I dont remember the steps . But can find it in this forum.

So I guess its better to use systemcopy tools to do the refresh.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tanuj,

So you already completed the system copy and Java isnt comming up , ABAP is up and running .. Correct?

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

yes Abap is up and running. I have take a export on source system and import in the target system for the Java addin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Please let me know the answers of the questions i have asked in options selection as part of export and Import process as you had already done for BI 7.0 systems in your landscape.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Please let us know what option we need to select while doing the target system installation.

Standard System Copy Migration load-based

or Homogeneous Backup Restore menthod.

Note: The Database team has done the refresh , renamed and the database is up and running with QA sid.

Thanks,

Tanuj