cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup- ok and cancel button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The popup 'X' has nested view 'Y' and Ok, Cancel buttons. Nested View 'Y' has a start point, a Data service, a table with single column 'Z' and a out-port (configured to event Select), from the out-port, close pop-up endpoint is connected which is mapped to store the value of column 'Z'. The value of column Z, should be send out only on the click of OK button of the pop-up and not when Cancel is clicked, is there a way to validate that? At this moment, it is sent regardless of which button is clicked.

Thanks much,

Dharmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not using the buttons of the pop-up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try adding your actions to the OK button of your popup instead of using your end-point for that.

What is the action assigned to the dataflow between the out-port of the Nested View to the end-point ?

Edited by: Yogev Lidor on May 5, 2008 2:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yogev,

When a nested iview is embedded in the pop-up, the ok and cancel buttons has NO access to values from that model. When you have a data flow form the out-port to the end-point , you need not define any action yourself, since it is grayed (Event name : <name of the outport>), meaning the system has defined for you already.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi

You are correct. still I'm having truble understanding a few things :

In your model , as soon as you get a signal to the output port of the nested view your popup in closed, the Ok and Cancel do not participate in the process at all. I don't understand how exactly do you use the Ok and Cancel buttons of the popup ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogev,

Actually not, the popup gets closed only on the click of the Ok button or the cancel button.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi

A small question -

Where is the action that sents 'Z' located ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogev,

Sorry did not get you...

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

You can add a boolean parameter (in your datastore..)

that can be set to TRUE in the popup OK button.

In the endPoint you can store it on popup close and if that boolean is TRUE.

Best regrads,

Kobi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kobi,

I understood what you said but how do you do "that can be set to TRUE in the popup OK button." ?? The popup at [design time|http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8789/popupdesigntimeks2.jpg] and [layout|http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/750/popuplayoutgs4.jpg].

If it is a normal form which has button you can store anything with that to data store, here how would I link that "OK" (close window) action of popup?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

you could add a delete action to the cancel button in order to remove the value from the Z column.

Would that be a solution to your problem?

Regards,

Kevin