cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO and repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

i have a question about jco. it's really simple for you. I find lot about using jco and creating simple bapi's but i dont understand repository. I think it's something containing business object and maybe some info about them. But when i am creating repository in JCO in this way: JCO.Repository rep = new JCO.Repository(name, connection) i dont know what is name. I get from company supporting us in sap area login informations and info about bapi function but no repository name, it is only java internal identification or name of real SAP repository?

thnx Jakub.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The JCO.Repository is used to store the metadata of all Remote Function Modules (RFMs) that are to be used by a Java client.

You should only use one repository. The repository's name isn't very important !

You have more information in the SAP help [The SAP JCo Repository |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/75/c9df3dffadd95ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Best regards,

Mathieu

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear mathiue,

i read JCO.repository and help.sap.com docs about this topics. But i cant find information if it's only any random string or real sap repository name. i get information that repository object make sap object accessabel for me. But i am solve problems and i am going step by step over thing that's are not 100% clear for me.

thanks a lot for help, Jakub.

Answers (0)