cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

I inherited an installation in which TST and PRD have all modules at the same patch level, but 15 of 20 modules in DEV are at a newer patch level, usually by 1 patch ( newer ). There is no history on why this patch level was done in DEV. Is it possible to back out these patches in DEV? There is no real desire to migrate patches to TST and PRD as we don't really need them there....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AS far as abap patches are concerned you can not uninstall them, but java patches can be undeployed you can do this using jspm.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Support packs cannot be reversed or rolled back....

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Or, more accurately, the only way to roll back a patch once it is applied is to restore the system from a backup previous to when the patch was applied.

You also said this:

>There is no real desire to migrate patches to TST and PRD as we don't really need them there

What do you mean you don't need the patches in TST and PRD? You are never going to apply Support Packages to these systems again?

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, at this point there is no real need to apply the patches at this point and given the testing that would be required before adding them to PRD, I see no urgency in moving them forward. Just wish I could remove the DEV patches......