cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

background process On Hold RFC BASIS patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a ECC6 system running on Solaris 10 with Oracle as database. We intend to use this system as a Production server. I am facing the following problem.

I started the import of the BASIS patches SAPKB70007 to SAPKB70011 in SPAM as a background process. I was monitoring the job in SM37 when I got a message that the program SAPMSSY0 was modified during the run. So I started the process again in the background through SPAM.

After almost 15 hours I checked the process to still find it active (SM37). Then I checked the processes using SM50 and found that the background process that was running this job showing the status as On Hold and the reason as RFC with the report SAPLSTPA.

SPAM shows status in red colour as XPRA_EXECUTION with current action as Queue Import (in background)

I am scared to kill this process as I do not want the patch import to be affected.

Can I kill this process and restart the import and continue to patch my system? Will killing this process prevent me from further patching the system thus requiring my to re-install SAP?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Do you have a backup of the system before starting the patches?

If your current system is not the production system then you can always try to do as mention in the notes.

"XPRA_EXECUTION" s a common problem you can refer Note 822379 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 2004s AS ABAP.

I do not have idea about the background job but when we have applied the SP11 in BW systems the support pack was terminated and with the help of Notes we have resolve the issue and continued.

Else take help of SAP.

Best Wishes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh and Sam,

Thanks for your answers.

I checked the database archive and found it was not full. I also did not have any backup as I was patching the system after the installation.

I referred to the note 822379 but it mentioned about modification adjustment which I tried but the system gave a message that there were no adjustments.

Anyway I checked the running process using SM66 and canceled the program. Then restarted the server and started the import using SPAM in the background. The import completed successfully.

Thanks for your help once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you managed to see the logs in /usr/sap/trans/log also any recent files in /usr/sap/trans/tmp?

Hope you don't have any issues like database archive full ?

Regards,

sm