cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does output type control and sources for the answer of my question?...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody tell me what output type controls (such as print parameters, timing etc. .....) along with showing a source for the answer of mu question. I couldn't find a source for the answer of this question.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friend,

Each kind of output is defined within SAP as output types. The output type represents what is to be printed.

Common setting you can determine for each output type include:

When is it to be sent? (timing)

Immediately

Scheduled with a batch run or at a specific time

On request

How is it to be sent? (output medium)

Printer, fax, EDI, mail, internet

If the output medium is a printer, you can choose organizational criteria for it.

How many should be sent? (quantity)

What language should it be in?

What should its layout be? (layout set)

Is the output proposal determined by the condition technique or customer master?

reward if found helpfull

thanks,

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer but I want to ask one more question about the same subject. It says in a question that “Output can be carried out 2 ways: condition technique and customer master.". I know that output is carried put by condition technique but I don't know the process that how it is carried out by customer master. Can you give me information-detail about how output is carried out by the customer master?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi yaser,

Output proposal from Customer Master Record –

In this option, one creates output types such as BA00 (order confirmation) and assigns the output type to an output procedure, such as DB0001 (output for customer master record). the next step is to assign the output procedure to the relevant account group. This is a simple procedure and results in the output that is placed on the customer master record being copied into the sales document.

It is very important to remember that an output can be defined in the customer master record, only when, an output determination procedure is assigned to the relevant account group (transaction code V/37). In case where there is no output determination procedure assigned, the system will not enable the option in the customer master record to define the output.

reward if helpful

thanks

krishna prasad