Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Java SDK: Bex query in Webdynpro Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know is it possible to view a Bex query output

in a webdynpro java application. There is a Bex query defined i just want to get the report of this query or atleast the output of this query. Also how will be the output structure? i am not familier to BI plz help. I did go though BI SDK documentation but did not help

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You should use XMLA connector to get data out of BW queries and then you can do whatever you want with that data. You can't use anything else to get multidimentional data from BW. BI SDK examples show details hot to do it. You will need understand basic MDX but basic MDX is not difficult.

Regards,

Mike

shaila_kasha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

The BEx query output in webdynpro is with help connectors. the connector SAP query which you were speaking about is one of the four options. I hope this is the link what u were refering to link:[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6e/011e681cf74ab4b3acf73f77653405/frameset.htm]

SAP Query is a component of SAP's Web Application Server that allows you to create custom reports without any ABAP programming knowledge. The BI SAP Query Connector uses SAP Query to allow applications created with the BI Java SDK to access data from these SAP operational applications.SAP Query offers users a broad range of ways to define reports and create different types of reports such as basic lists, statistics, and ranked lists.

It would be a better option if with JDBC connector because that worked for me in extarcting data from a different source system.BI JDBC Connector is aslo used to make these data sources available in BW, via BW's UD Connect.

For the WD code i need to check.

Please tell me if its helpful.

Regards,

Shaila.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Thanks for the reply. But my requirement is to some how get data or report to my webdynpro application without publishing it. Actually we are trying to convert this document to PDF without touching BI. I know from bex itself it can be published as PDF but we dont want that instead we want to convert it to PDF from portal side and thats why i am trying query data in webdynpro. Also i went through BI SDK documentation, it mentions 4 connectors and one is for SAP query. Now my question is how do i use this connector to develop a custom application atleast to fetch a SAP query!

Vinay