cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can I setup multiple envs(dev,qa) by defining 2 clients on the same xi instance as long as the machine is enough powerful?

If can, please give me some advice or material.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one XI can only have one client that works as Integration Engine.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e1/0c733cb7d61952e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

But maybe you could install two (virtual) XI instances on your machine.

Regards

Patrick

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for your valueable input! awarded the points.

Maybe I can conclude that XI cannot simulate multiple ENVs(dev,qa,prod). by defining mutilple clients on the same instance, but we can do it on multiple instance, am I right?

So my question is, as to XI, what's the purpose about defining different clients on the same instance?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Maybe I can conclude that XI cannot simulate multiple ENVs(dev,qa,prod). by defining mutilple clients on the same instance, but we can do it on multiple instance, am I right?

Yes!

> So my question is, as to XI, what's the purpose about defining different clients on the same instance?

You can use your other clients on the XI System to play the role of a business system.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can go a head by having the multiple Clients on the same XI Server One for DEv and Other For QTY and PRD

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As patrick mentioned you can have multiple clients on the same instance but you can define only one client as IE.

If you have just a single instance why not use the same server for DEV, QA you will just have to create additional scenarios for the quality env.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By having the multiple Instances , it would be possible.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos