cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport in Error keeps on REimporting with Urgent Correction

0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

we recently have charm installed on solman 4.0

Now we are getting a strange situation with an urgent correction in BW system.

We have an urgent correction with 2 transports (let's say T1 and T2)

T1 is imported correctly in ACC system, but T2 gives return code 8 (red dot)

Both transports have status "ready for import again".

To correct the error of the 2nd transport we want to add a 3rd (correction) transport. To do this, we put our urgent correction back to "in development", add another transport (T3) and put change back to "to be tested".

What happens then is strange !

T3 is importing, but T2 is also REimporting.

Is this normal?

How can we prevent T2 from being REimported?

Now I've manually deleted T2 from buffer of ACC so T4 imported alone, without T2.

But how will this settled when going to PRD ?

Many thanks for all your input.

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not recommended to transport single request,when it is compulsory to transport do it with the option leave the transport request in the buffer.(i.e conditional mode u0 with tp command).

not at all a problem importing old version (T2) of request with new version (T3).to avoid inconsisteny you get all request to be imported including old and new versions in import que.

Note: never delete requests from buffer to avoid confusion in transpoting.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

thx for replying.

Unfortunately everything you mentioned I already knew.

But deleting that T2 from the buffer was my only remedy to get the change ok in ACC pillar.

The thing is that the errorous T2 transport always will be imported along with new correction transports.

When we pass the change doc to test, the new transports, together with that T2 transport will be imported. And not first T2 then new ones... no, all transports at the same time.

So we are not importing single transports, we use charm, so IMPORT_PROJECT is used.

And those transports belong to the cts project of that urgent correction.

However, what bothers me most is that the old transport T2 always is coming back in next import cycles of that urgent correction.

Can this be switched off somewhere?

regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Dont know if there is any other way to solve this .

During import into QAS additional transport request are added to the buffer of the PRD.

After all the change requests that were imported into QAS thoroughly tested and verified,the change requests must be approved.

The status of the entries then changes from inactive to active and the cange requests are ready for import into the PRD.

using TMS u can import all change requests or simply a first step of verified change requests,listed in the PRD import queue in the given sequence.

To ensure that there is no effect on prodution activities in PRD,ensure that errors(T2,T3) are imported in the correct order.

Please ensure to import T2 first and then T3 .if u still have T2 in ur PRD buffer.once imported to PRD successfully,i dont think T2 will appear again in the buffer .

Please excuse me if this not right answer for ur question.

Regards,

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

well you are right.

We're not quite sure how the PRD sequence will be. But we're hoping it'll go ok. If not, we can still manually manipulate the transports outside of ChaRM.

Thanks anyway to take a look into this.

I'll reward you for it

grtz

David

Answers (0)