cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger AS2 messages Recovery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we're using the AS2 Seeburger adapter and received some messages which were not processed due to error in the AE. Now they remain in the status:

"Error on receive, task will not be retried" with error "Cannot initiate received message to backend system AND max retry reached!".

I'd say it should be possible to recover them somehow, unfortunately, when I click the Recovery Monitor I have a message there: "No active component found and therefore no recovery data presentable ". What does it mean?

How can I make these messages to be processed?

Thanx,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

which Version of the AS2-adapter are you using ?

Can you see a line in the MessageIDMonitor (in the Seeburger Frontend) for this file ? Usually this is the better place to restart/Continue incoming files if you click on the "R"-Symbol.

Greetings

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

Our version of the Seeburger AS2 Adapter is the latest version available, 1.7.3.

On the MessageMonitor Frontend I've got a recovery column but I haven't got any 'R' symbol to click on. If you check the AS2 manuals the recovery and retry mechanisms are performed by jobs which should be active.

My feeling is the jobs are not active and this is the configuration which is missing. How can I activate these jobs?

Thanks Stefan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please note that the "R" should be an "I" - is sth like this visible in your recovery monitor entry lines ?

If not, i'd recommend the following:

1) Navigate to the Property Store and add the following two properties:

a)

Namespace: http://seeburger.com/xi/recmon

Key: maxKeepAlive

Value: 500

b)

Namespace: http://seeburger.com/xi/recmon

Key: readTimeout

Value: 600000

2) Stop the following applications:

a) seeburger.com/com.seeburger.xi.webapp.commservice

a) seeburger.com/com.seeburger.xi.frontend.messageidmonitor

c) the communication Resource Adapter(s)

3) Restart the above mentioned applications and use the exact order of step 2) for restarting

Regards,

Frederic

Edited by: Frederic Bitsch on Aug 26, 2008 4:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for your reply.

The constants were already set but there's no line on the recovery monitor, I'm only getting:

"Active component found, but currently there is no recovery data to show "

On the Message monitor I'm able to see the column but with no possibility of recover. Am I missing some initial configuration to set the necessary recovery jobs?

Thanks Frederic.

-

-

Hello Frederic, wrong information.

When I check the recoveryMonitor but only for the AS2 component I'm getting:

"No active component found and therefore no recovery data presentable"

which strengthens my idea of a missing job configuration.

What am I missing...?

Edited by: Gonçalo Mouro Vaz on Aug 26, 2008 7:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try step 2) and 3)

If nothing shows up you'll need to contact SEEBURGER support. They can find out whether your missing data has been persisted in the recovery but is not showing up or whether there may have been other reasons.

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frederic,

Thanks for your input. I'll try it out and I'll give you some feedback.

Kind Regards,

Gonçalo Mouro Vaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Were you able to reprocess these messages?

I'm having the same problem, due to an error on the AE the message was not processed and I'm getting:

Error on receive, task will not be retried - Cannot initiate received message to backend system AND max retry reached!

Since the message was not processed, there's no message ID associated to this message so there's no way to view the content of the message or to reprocess it.

Can you give me an hint?

Thanks Peter,