cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jco password charset problems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning.

I've got problems while connecting to our sap system.

A connection can be established via jco as long as no german umlaute ( ä,ü,ö and ß ) are used in the password.

If these special characters are used, a logon via sapgui is possible, but jco throws this:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name oder Kennwort ist nicht korrekt (Wiederholen Sie die Anmeldung)

The attributes of an opened connection tell me that on both sides same encodings are used:

LANGUAGE: D

ISO_LANGUAGE: DE

OWN_CODEPAGE: 1100

OWN_CHARSET: ISO8859_1

OWN_ENCODING: ISO-8859-1

OWN_BYTES_PER_CHAR: 1

PARTNER_CODEPAGE: 1100

PARTNER_CHARSET: ISO8859_1

PARTNER_ENCODING: ISO-8859-1

What can I do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed the jco version and dll.

Before:

JCO 1.1.04 (2002-03-28)

jRFC12.dll 640,0,165

Now:

JCO 2.1.8 (2006-12-11)

sapjcorfc.dll 640.0.165

Now I can login the system with special signs in my password successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Which technnology do you need with your JCO connection? Java?

First you should check your keyboard entries in your application. Maybe in your application you need to convert the character.

Best regards,

Mathieu

PS : reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Of course, I run a java application. (connect, read data from function module, do sth, close con)

The password string-object is already encoded in ISO-8859-1.

I'm sure about it, because I compared the decimal values of the special characters in the string with the charsettable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at the chapter in the Profile Parameters for Logon and Password SAP Help.

You have the profile parameter : login/password_charset you should change to value 1 :

1 (backward compatible, default value): The password can consist of any characters including national special characters (such as ä, ç, ß from ISO Latin-1, 8859-1). However, all characters that are not contained in the set above (for value = 0) are mapped to the same special character, and the system therefore does not differentiate between them.

Best regards,

Mathieu.

PS: reward points if helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

Sadly, the value of this parameter is set to 1.

Remembering, you can use special national characters in your password.

Login via sapgui is successfully, but the login attemption via rfc is crowned by catching exceptions (wrong user/password like above).

Before I was informed, which value this parameter has, I tried the statement from your last sentence. (Special characters are mapped to the same one if this profile parameter is set to 0)

So, I logged in with my normal password, but replaced the ü in it with an ä (and other). Of course, it failed via sapgui and rfc.

We don't know clearly how the system would react on our special characters. Maybe it changes a ä to a hieroglyph.

A new easy function module was written. Login, set a text with special character into the importfield, execute, read the exportfield. The received text is still the same.

Do you have any idea?