cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with offset variables and YTD figures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing a strange problem.My requirement is to see the current fiscal year figures and the previous

fiscal year figures for few Key figures. I have restricted the required key figures with a fiscal year variable ,

which is an user input variable, for the current fiscal year values, and with an offset variable of -1 for the previous year figures. This is quite simple and i know there are numerous posts on this.

Unfortunately for me i am getting values for the current fiscal year, but not for the previous year. The previous year figures are all empty.

The time characteristics present in my cube are 0calday, 0fiscyear,0fiscvarnt, 0fiscper,0fiscper3.

I have tried using SAP exit variable 0FYEAR, but the result is the same.No errors but no values !

Unfortunately i am facing the same problem with a YTD figure. I have written a customer exit code for that,

but the value is not getting populated in the report. It's again empty.I have tried to put a debugger and test the code.The code works fine, but i'm not getting any values in the reports.

I am working in BI 7. Can anybody help me on this. I am stuck with this problem badly and need some urgent help.

Thanks,

Ranita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranita,

Try this....Create or use standard fiscal year variable and keep it in the free char table instead of keeping into keyfigure and then create a custom variable for fiscal year and use it along with current year key figure and use offset for this variable for prev. year kf values column. write a abap code for the populate custom variable-fiscal year based on the input value of fisyear values. hope this helps.

Regs,

VACHAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vachan,

Thanks for your answer, but i have tried that and it's still not working.

The values are not being populated in the query. This is quite urgent. Anybody who has some clue,

please help.

Thanks in advance !!

Regards,

Ranita