cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

urgent.. planning run....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In PS how to carry out the planning run. we are getting the error of " project doesn't allow individual project production". is there any pre setting from MRP point of view.Pl help.will be awarded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to do MRP run at project level following details are required

1. Material Components need to be assigned to network activity of Projects

2. Project Status to be in Release stage.

3. MRP run in transaction MD51

There is no specifc settings required for MRP run at project level as it is SAP standard functionality.

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pradhan,

Thanx. we have assigned materials to networks. now how to get this released status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Project Builder & change projects Status as per the below details.

Edit--->Status -->Release

On release state of Project, execution will take place.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

now the status has changed. but still planning run is not possible.is it due to selection of nostock? if yes, what will be the solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more thing in your material master should have considered for MRP planning. This you can check in MRP-1, mrp type.

Please change your stock type as valuated / Non valuated stock as non stock may be n't considered for MRP run.

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It means you have not maintained any project stock. In CJ20N, check under 'Control data' tab what radio button is selected under project Stock section. I think it must be No stock.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you r right. no stock has selected. now what i have to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pradhan / srikanth,

this is not related to this thread. but i request u to please guide me for the below said thread.

I have to submit a presentation to client, Who is reconditioning or modernising the machines. My client process is Rough Estimation> Bid>Project Plan including activity chart> Dismantle the M/C> Perfect Estimation>Requirements Generation>Planning> Procurement/inhouse production/subcontracting>Assembling>Trial run>Installation>Actual run> invoicing--> After sales and service. THis is what his process.He wants to consider manpower allocation. Integration to be done with mm/pp/sd/fico.please convey in detail how to configure in PS.procurement from planning i will take care. please help. will be rewarded. Thanx in advance

Edited by: sridhar kalepu on Apr 1, 2008 11:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you will be able to change the indicator to 'Non valuated' stock for the current project. Then MRP should work. In order that all new projects should not have 'No stock' change the Project Profile accordingly.

Please understand that by selecting Non valuated stock, your stock will not have value, ie during GR cost will not flow with material. But you dont have any other option as you can no longer select Valuated stock. Refer this link for better understanding of stocks:

Regards

Shrikant

Edited by: Shrikant Rakate on Apr 1, 2008 11:45 AM