cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPConnect to Send Emails to external mail address

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to send email from SAP to an external email address.

I've configured in SCOT the mail server and it respective port.

When I tried to send a test message, the message failed in the queue with the log:

"Cannot process message in SAP System - No ESMTP Plug-In Is Available for SAPconnect

Application Server Used by the Send Process:

S21TDI05

(Schedule Send Process on App.Server with Plug-In)

"

Upon checking the sap documentation, I encounter there's also a SMTP Service in "SMICM" as well. Inside there I can see that the SMTP setting is not activate and no values has been entered.

Are these 2 connected?

Advices are welcome.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wooi Chian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Towes71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try and set the port number for SMTP to "0" in SCOT if you use 25 which is the same as normal mailgateway it will fail.

If that works also change the instance profile otherwise it will stop again after restart of system or ICM.

//Tord

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error message means that your SMTP plug-in is not active. Go to TR: SMICM -> GOTO -> SERVICES

Here you must see that the SMTP plug in is active.

This error usally due to bind error. The port wich had to be used is used by an other service.

Check if below mentioned parameters are set.

rdisp/start_icman = true

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=1080

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=25$$, TIMEOUT=60, PROCTIMEOUT=300

icm/server_port_2 = HTTPS,PORT=82$$, TIMEOUT=60, PROCTIMEOUT=300

and restart ICM . You should see SMTP service on SMICM transaction.

In my case problem was with the below parameters. PORT=HTTPS was assigned to server_port_1. I swapped the values of both the parameters icm/server_port_1 and icm/server_port_3. Only after that SMTP service started being visible under DISPLAY --> Services.

icm/server_port_0 PROT=HTTP,PORT=80$$, TIMEOUT=60, PROCTIMEOUT=300

icm/server_port_1 PROT=HTTPS,PORT=82$$, TIMEOUT=60, PROCTIMEOUT=300

icm/server_port_3 PROT=SMTP,PORT=25$$, TIMEOUT=60, PROCTIMEOUT=300

Hope this helps solve the issue.

/Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u have tried out evey thing thats described in the thread check this note;;757804

Regards,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem like this, i have 1 server s with 2 instances, 1 of them is working fine, but the other one has the mail in waiting status and doesnt do anything, the scheduled job is working fine and i believe all the parameters are done, take in maind the 2 instances are equal.....

do you have any suggestions????

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Wooi Chian,

have you solved this problem??? am stuck up at exactly the same position as yours...

"Cannot process message in SAP System - No ESMTP Plug-In Is Available for SAPconnect

Application Server Used by the Send Process:

sapbwd

(Schedule Send Process on App.Server with Plug-In)

can you kindly let me know on how you solved this problem??? Expecting a reply at the earliest..

Thanks & Regards

Manicks

Message was edited by: Manickavasagan Meiappan

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all this error message means that your SMTP plug-in is not active. Go to TR: SMICM -> GOTO -> SERVICES

Here you must see that the SMTP plug in is active.

If it is not active:

This error usally due to bind error. The port wich had to be used is used by an other service. /* outside the R/3 system */

The exact error message should be visible in the ICM log. Tr. SMICM -> GOTO -> Trace file -> Display (all)

If you do not require inbound e-mail /* Usually this is the case */ Try to configure the plug-in on the port: '0'

/* As described in #455140 */

I hope it helps you.

Do not hesitate to reply if you have further questions.

Regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

check SMICM DISPLAY Service. I believe that you do not see an ICM service with protocal to be SMTP.

You need to add the parameters like following

rdisp/start_icman = true

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=1080

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=HTTPS,PORT=1443

icm/server_port_2 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=25000,TIMEOUT=180

icm/server_port_3 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=25001,TIMEOUT=180

is/SMTP/virt_host_0 = *:25000;

is/SMTP/virt_host_1 = *:25001;

and restart ICM (or the whole SAP). You should see SMTP service on SMICM transaction.

Try to send email now. It should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

i also have the same issue, while configuring Email in SAP. I feel, the issue is of SMTP authentication.

Our email server ( in fact all email servers ), use SMTP authentication to send mails. When one sends mails from SAP, using the Company's email server, the EMAIL server will need the sender's email id & SMTP password.

After configuring the SMTP IP address, how does one configure the sender's email d & password? Is there any other way?

TRKrish / 14-Nov-2009

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply add the IP Address of your SAP System to the Relay Agent of your SMTP Server (whatever it is).

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you say SMICM I guess you are on SAP WebAS 6.xx, aren't you?

SCON/SCOT is the right place when you want to send out something from the SAP System e.g. from SAPoffice (e.g. via FAX, SMTP, X.400, etc.). So I think you're right there:

- Doubleclick on node SMTP and configure mail host and mail port. Don't forget to setup the supported address type through the buton 'Internet' (e.g. enter a * in address area). Also make sure that the checkbox 'Node in use' is marked

- In the menue goto Settings -> Default Domain and enter the domain for which Sapconnect shall act as a mailer e.g. *.yourcompany.com

- Make sure the user with which you want to sent the testmail has a valid mailadress in SU01 e.g. hugo@yourcompany.com

- Start send process via SCOT or schedule the process on a regular basis

Hope this helped.

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

Thanks for the information. I've tried to configure the Default Domain, yet I am still getting the same error message.

I am not sure if the settings are valid only if I am using the local SAP server as the mail server? or is there any difference if i am using a remote mail server?

FYI - We are using WebAS 6.40.

Any idea?

Regards,

Wooi Chian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I still do not exactly know what you try to do.

Have you ever checked note 455140? Is it this we're talking about?

Regards

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jürgen,

Yes I've check note 455140.

In "SCOT", I set SAPConnect to use a remote SMTP server which is different from the SAP Application Server (ie different IP as well).

The problems seems to be the SAP Application server is not able to send email message to this remote SMTP Server.

Regards,

Wooi Chian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not notice in your description that the SMTP service was activated in transaction SICF. Right-click the SAPConnect node and select Activate SMTP host. Also, did you set the instance profile parameters, icm/server_port_0 or _1?