cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Upload Data into SCM(Push and Pull)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam new to SCM.( I Have exposure in XI ),Plz help me regarding this one.

1) How to get(pull and Push) DATA from SAP to SCM Server?

2) Usually it is done with BAPI or ALE(i never used this

iam guessing), but i want to use XI between these

Servers.(SAP to SAP),(SAP to Non-SAP) and 3rd Parties.

Thanks in advance

VEN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vishal,

i have seen the links in service.sap.com/scm but i couldn't find any relevant information regarding this.

Once again iam asking SCM GURUS ...How to extract DATA into SCM using XI and vice versa..(pls give me the links if u have any Scenarios regarding this)

Thanks in advance

VEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Vishal for the reply.

I have exposure to BC's,Webmethods(EAI)now in XI.

I think my Question confused you.

I want this one.

Is it the way DATA is loads into SCM.(my GUESS thing is i really donn have exact idea in this one )

Application to SCM.

SCM to XI(path)

XI to (Proxy,Idoc or RFC)

How to Load Data(Push and Pull)into these Scenarios with XI to SCM.( Like Proxy,Idoc or RFC).If u have any Practical example plz send me of that URL.Really it helps me alot.

Thanks in advance

VEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ven...

this thread wud do ur job...

regards..

vishal

Message was edited by: vishal prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ven..

u can definitely transfer data to and from one server to another...let it be with connectors or xi...

and as u said u have exposure to Xi...the following solution might help...

SAP XI belongs to SAP Netweaver Technology, whereas BC is an Integration tool provided by Webmethods.

<b>SAP XI is based on a model called "Hub & Spoke" and Business Connectors are "point to point". So by using XI, what happens is that you do not redesign Solutions once again.

With XI you save the entire integration knowledge of a collaborative process centrally in SAP XI: Objects at design time in the Integration Repository and objects at configuration time in the Integration Directory. In this way, SAP Exchange Infrastructure follows the principle of shared collaboration knowledge: You no longer need to search for information about a collaborative process in each of the systems involved, but can call this information centrally instead. This procedure considerably reduces the costs for the development and maintenance of the shared applications.

Also SAP XI comes with pre-configured solutions bundled along with it, so you can straight-away use the solution instead of redesigning.

Also i believe SAP XI is integrated as a required solution for some new mySAP solution like SRM, there are some scenarios within SRM requires SAP XI to be used and we cannot use BC's there.

.</b>

hope the above helps...

regards..

vishal