cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation and number of licenses requested

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have recently started a fresh project for retail and I am the only basis guy here, with first prj in a literal sense. I have a few doubts, so please help me out:

1) I learnt from a senior guy in my company that when customer get a SAP license, for one single installation, we can request 8 more licenses free of cost. What does this mean?

2) Our customer has applied for a IS Retail ECC6.0 license, what is the scenario, how many time can they use it? Can we use same license for DEV, QAS and PRD as well as for Sandbox?

3) And finally, how is user license controlled? I'm sure that there must be some upper limit for a fixed price license we get for the first time, and then when my company expands, how do i get more users to work in same SAP system?

4) Finally, if anyone can please, what is the cost of these licenses .. even a slighest ides please.

That's a lot of explanation requested, please take out some time here. Thanks for reading the question.

regards, Shantanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

1)SAP License depends on the Product Suite on which you are licensed,for example if you are licensed for mySAp Business Suite,then you will be licensed to use ERP,CRM,SRM..etc.

2) SAP License is bound to the customer number, and technically its bound to the hardware key.So you cannot use the same Production license key for your DEV or QAS systems or vice-versa.

3)Its an agreement you sign with SAP and technically the system will not restrict you to create any number of users.In case you require more user license you have to revise your agreement.

4)It depends on various factors like type of user,database you use(i am not sure)..etc.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Cheriyan.

Please consider an example of retail chain implementing SAP with plans to open 1500 stores in a span of next 3 yrs.

The platform is Windows Server 2003 and db is Oracle. The solution would be SAP ERP 2005 ECC6 IS Retail.

What would be the cost of software alone from SAP in this case?

regards, Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu,

i believe the best think is to get in touch with the local SAP Sales Team so that they can give you the exact figures.

Regards,

Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

learnt from customer about agreement. Thanks.