cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enque/table_size

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've increase the size of enque/table_size parameter from default (4096) to 36000. Now I'm getting a few work process which is PRIV mode. Also, getting an abap dump of unavailability of the extended memory.

1.Do you know why I'm gettng this?

2. What is the relation of enque/table_size with the extended memory?

3. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I was thinking to lower the enque/table_size to more lower value. Any suggestion what is the value?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eida,

The parameter enque/table_size controls the size of the lock table held in main memory. This table is used to store info on locks held, their owner etc.

By increasing the size u have increased the number of lock entries, now u have to see if the update processes are running fine, because otherwise these lock entries will keep on increasing.

Some work processes in u'r system are in PRIV mode because they are running out of memory ( extended thereby using heap). So there definitely is a memory problem.

By the way, may I ask why did u increase the enque/table_size ? We might be able to delve further on the cause.

regards, Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I increased enque/table_size due to table lock overflow. The previous value (default - 4096) is to small. I didn't know what value should I increase. So, I'm just guessing maybe 36000???

How do I find out what value do I need to give for enque/table_size?

At the moment, there are 2 out 10 dialog work process is on PRIV mode and it's has been like that for almost an hour. From the historical data, there is evidence that there is not enough Extended memory in the system, I guess I need to increase EM value most likely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The maximum size for this parameter is 102400 as per rz11. And yes, u can increase the size for EM but please check the RAM status of your server first. U may want to decrease the size for enque/table_size first.

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have memory config issue here.

Are you in 64 bits ? I assume that.

The memory parameter that you should looks into:

abap/*

em/*

ztta/*

What is your Physical Memory, swap space?

I do suggest look into standard SAP notes like:

#146289 Parameter Recommendations for 64-Bit SAP Kernel

#425207 SAP memory management, current parameter ranges

#153641 Swap space requirement for R/3 64-bit kernel

Hope this helps.

cheers,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm changing enque/table_size to 16MB. 32 MB is too much which I think cause the wp to into PRIV mode.

Thanks for all your answers