cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some one help in following scenarios?

1.What is the importance of availability check field in material master Sales: general/Plant view?

Can I avoid availability check for a material by choosing KP no check for a material in the materil master?

2.I have got a business scenario where I have to pull tools list used for the completion of a service.

How to configure this in SAP?

There is no relation between first and second question.

Thank you

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your second point is not clear to me, so please if you can clarify on it.

While regarding the first point of availability check:

When you create a delivery, an availability check is initiated for the picking date. This check is carried out along the same lines as in the sales order.

It makes sense to carry out an availability check in the delivery for the following reasons.

If you do not carry out an availability check for particular materials in the sales order, you should definitely check whether the order quantity is available and can be delivered when you create the delivery.

Even if you have checked the availability situation in the order, it makes sense to check it once again in the delivery. The availability check is calculated using planned inward and outward movements of goods. Therefore the delivery situation might have changed in the meantime due to unforeseen circumstances, such as lost output.

The availability check in the delivery takes any such changes into account.

Availbility check field to KP(no check) in material master.

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I appreciate your quick response.

1. So if i use availabiltiy check value as KP(No check) -There will never be availability check. Is this correct? please clarify me.

2. My second question is related to service order, for service orders where we maintain in SAP the list of Tools we have to use to complete some operations.

Eg: for completion of one service we have to do list of operations. to do these list of opertions we need some list of tools. Where we can maintain these list of tools and how can i make it relate to service product?

Thank you

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To switch off the availability check if one is not using APO. If you do not do this, the availability check will run, and there will be no confirmable quantities due to the missing plant data. Without confirmed quantities, no unchecked deliveries can be generated (no generation of IDocs).

Hence to make this setting use the checking group as KP.

Related to service scenario, the item specific can be controlled by the item category.

e.g. if you have service scenario which consists of materials, you can follow the proc:

1) you can have different sales order type, one is for service and other is for the material,

2) you can have different item category involved in the same order,

e.g. tan for standard material and sct for service config.

in this way you can also assign relevant schedule line category to the item cat and sales doc combination.

hope this would help you.

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for you answer. i got resolved regarding my first question.

Can you answer me following questions related to Service order?

My scenario is like this.

i should be able to create a quotation for both service product and saleable product. i want to take both of them in a single quotation.

when i enter a service product it should show the operations list and tools list.

Thank you

anil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Can some one help in following scenarios?

> 1.What is the importance of availability check field in material master Sales: general/Plant view?

> Can I avoid availability check for a material by choosing KP no check for a material in the materil master?

>

> 2.I have got a business scenario where I have to pull tools list used for the completion of a service.

> How to configure this in SAP?

>

> There is no relation between first and second question.

>

> Thank you

> Anil

Hi Anil,

Not sure about your secon question...

Regarding the availability check field in Sales: general plant view checks for availability of material at time of order creation and determines the schedule lines (the first date of availability) by taking into considerations all the expected Good Receipts Issues productions procurements etc.

Yes you can avoid that by Putting KP in that material master.

Regards

Abhishek