cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Email Alert from Central System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would like to ask for someone knowledgeable with setting up central auto-reaction approach on SAP System. Currently we are configuring our R3 system with this capability for us (recipients) to inform immediately if certain Critical Business Process fails. However, we have made a customized function module that determines the alert information and sends them to our central monitoring system (Solution Manager) by means of RFC (remote function call).

Our problem now is that, when we intentionally failed one job to test the functionality of this alert and inform the recipients, we found out that no alert notification has been received by the recipients.

Would you advice any steps or process or documents that I could use for verification on my set-up.

Or any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't require any custome development.

Are you trying to monitor job failures?

Performance of any transactions?

If you configure CEN, with ALM you will be able to get alerts (SMS and Mail)

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Actually not only job failures, we also want to include failed IDocs.

What we are currently doing is we set-up the central auto-reaction approach by using a new customed function module, that will determines the alert information and sends them to the central monitoring system (Solman System) by specified RFC Connection. This new function module has to be executed instead of the SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT. After the data had been transferred another different function module will be executed at the central monitoring system that processes the data and creates the email notification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaypee,

First check if the function module u r using is calling the program to send mails through SMTP,, next check the SCOT configuration, and the authorisations for the message server.

It would ber helpful if u could post the error number in SOST( status text)

Also,

if possible i would like to know what further analysis is ur CEN doin on the alerts??

Regards,

Kris.